Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the 2001, it supposedly has an internal trunk release....where is it? what is it?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i think it it just a release on the inside of the trunk in case a child becomes trapped inside. could be wrong tho

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
There was some law passed that requires car manufacurers to have an internal trunk release....in case you fall into your trunk, the lid closes and you're locked in :rolleyes: .

I have a 2001 and have no idea where it is either /images/graemlins/laughing.gif .

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
citysnake,

I have an 01 too and though I know about it, I don't know where it is. Of course, you'd need to know where it is b/c there's no light...?

·
Sexist
44,363 Posts
Thank the idiots at GM for lobbying for this stupid law rather than spending their time and money investing in a better product. Apparently there must've been an epidemic of dead bodies found in trunks and they felt this stupid latch would solve the problem, regardless of the bodies having bullets in them. And of course the other auto manufacturers have to scramble to meet the new stupid requirement or be unable to sell any cars.

That's what I've heard anyway.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when I bought my car, I had 2 dead bodies in the trunk. Apparently, they thought they were trapped in an 2000 model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts