Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

RT10 Rear Window Rubber

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Confrontational 
#1 ·
The rubber seal that goes around the rear window on my RT10 is in bad shape (cracking, tearing, etc.). /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I went to the Dealer, and they told me I had to buy a whole new rear window, JUST to get the rubber seal!!! /images/graemlins/angry.gif That equates to roughly a $450 rubber seal since my glass is in perfect condition. /images/graemlins/angry.gif /images/graemlins/angry.gif

Does anyone know where I can obtain just the rubber seal??? Maybe someone in the aftermarket world sells just the seal?
:help:
PLEASE help!

See less See more
#2 ·
No, there is no place to get a rear window seal. I've tried finding it for a long time and after several trim/weatherseal sample packs from manufacturers all over the place I can find nothing.

It's BS that there is no seal from the factory and only a complete window.

But that's Dodge and it's not their problem is it.

#3 ·
Thor, Mine did the same thing, but the dealership allowed me to replace it under warranty...here's the glitch. Chrystler has to get the glass/moulding from mopar. The dealership could not obtain one itself. Sucks.

#5 ·
I don't do the bend over thing very well. (By the way, '96, your Avatar looks like she's peeing.) /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

===============================

As for the rubber seal for the RT10 rear window, maybe JonB (PartsRack) or another one of the Viper parts houses will recognize a REAL need here!!!!
A REAL NEED!
All RT10's now or later will need new ones. From what I am hearing, these factory seals do not last long. So figure that there may be 3-4 years of life in these f******g cheap factory seals, and there should be some good repeat biz for all RT10's for someone to go after!! (HINT HINT!!!) :help: :help: :help:

#7 ·
Check out this website..... Someone e-mailed it to me when I first realized that I could not purchase a replacement weatherstrip for my rear window.

I have looked and I feel confident I can find a weatherstrip in there that will work... I just have not ordered anything yet.

Good luck and let us know if you find "the one".

Lance

http://www.trimlok.com/

#9 ·
I broke my window and thought that, surely, they would just replace the glass, so I kept the rubber. No, they replaced the entire window under warranty. I have long since discarded the rubber or you might have been able to use it. Sorry.

#10 ·
I went through the same BullShit with my Vette..My Gasket around my fuel sender was torn so I was leaking fuel...When I tried to purchase the gasket they told me that i had to buy the whole fuel sender unit !! Over $300 for a .50 Gasket!

Talk about a monopoly /images/graemlins/soapbox.gif .

#12 ·
SNAKE HYDES said:
Safelight glass supplies the rear windows for Dodge's replacement to the back glass issue. 200-300 for the whole thing. Cut Dodge out.
Chad

Thanx for this tip Chad!! :cheers:

Any chance you can steer me to the right SafeLite point of contact? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.