Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes one to fit in my RT? I don't want some cheap piece of carpet, but a nice 1 piece mat. High quality. Emblems optional.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Heck, I'm just annoyed my RT/10 didn't come with a spare tire cover. Bill P told me "Some cars have them, some don't". It seemed like an uncharacteristically flaky explanation to me, but after talking to people these past few years, that does seem to be the case.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I too would like to obtain a nice trunk mat. :eatpop:
(Note: My RT did not come with a spare tire cover either.)

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I have never heard of anyone having a spare tire cover actually, and certainly don't have one myself. I wouldn't mind having that, but not so concerned about a trunk mat.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
I have the Proformance mat (matched a set of floor mats). It's VERY thick and extends into the side wheel wells. Fits very well and acts like a shelf over the spare.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slaughterj said:
CitySnake, what was the price on that? Got a website?

thought you weren't concerned about a mat....poser. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

yeah City, click off a website. don't leave me hangin'.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
slaughterj said:
I have never heard of anyone having a spare tire cover actually, and certainly don't have one myself. I wouldn't mind having that, but not so concerned about a trunk mat.
I've seen a few. Chuck Babel has a nice one that came with his car, and I've seen several others of the same style in other RT/10s. Maybe it's something they do if you take delivery from the factory, or something (I think Chuck did that).

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
J DAWG said:
slaughterj said:

thought you weren't concerned about a mat....poser. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

yeah City, click off a website. don't leave me hangin'.
:fist: :rofl: Hey, just because I'm not interested doesn't mean I don't want more info! As tight as I pack things in now, I don't know that having a carpet would be a good thing for me to have, not to mention, I frequently pack things down along the sides of the spare, which would / could be a pain with the mat in place and stuff on top of it.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
slaughterj said:
Sorry...didn't check back for a while...
http://www.precisionproformance.com/interiors.htm

I don't see a price on their site (which isn't particularly good). I bought the whole set (3 piece) and it was expensive. Can't really remember but it must have been aroung $500.

Give them a call. The truck mat is REAL thick (say 3/4 inch) and barely folds at all. They matched my cognac interior perfectly (with a sapphire blue Sneaky Pete).

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Take the spare out, go up to your local audio shop (one that you can trust), and have them carpet the entire trunk...re-install spare...

Best "bang for the buck" trunk treatment possible for our RT's....you freakin posers!!!

PS: I also have the Proformance trunk mat...nice piece...but doesn't exactly lay flat anymore with 20 lbs of N20 in the trunk...

·
Registered
190 Posts
The trunk mat might have been a dealer accessory.

Mine doesn't have one either. It would be nice, but I'm not willing to spend $155 for trunk carpet. Maybe I'll build something simple.
It would be nice to spiff up the trunk, and I need something to hide the nitrous bottle. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts