Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get idea of what the Viper public thinks about this subject? Do you think it would hurt the resale value, etc. I put on newer 18" wheels, 3" exhaust and looking at shifter change on low mileage Gen 1 RT?

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
All of those items you asked about can be changed back to stock with little effort so I say go for it!

If you sell...pull the mods off and sell separately. You will get more money back in the long run.

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
To mod or not is not a valid question, especially if you're already considering it. Now, it's only a matter of time.

·
Your Opinion = { }
3,714 Posts
Once you start, there is no stopping...this will be the first season I did not do a mod to the snake. Will catch up next winter!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Once you get rid of that nasty UPS truck exhaust note you'll wonder what kept you from doing it much sooner.... :)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
par said:
Once you get rid of that nasty UPS truck exhaust note you'll wonder what kept you from doing it much sooner.... :)
That's where I started, and haven't been able to stop yet! (only thing holding me back is $$)
Swapped mufflers, and said "I'll add smooth tubes and K&N's - easy to change back to stock". Then a rear gear "I'll keep the stock rear end - easy to change back", then full exhaust, then lowered it, changed wheels, heads and cam, etc. I don't even keep the old parts anymore. Sell them or give them away. I've given up on the idea of making it stock again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.