Viper Alley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new to forms and to vipers. I just got a 96 rt 10 and I want to track it. It’s a dream of mine. I know I’m going to do something with the breaks, I was thinking about a spoiler on it. Any advise about the spoiler? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the Viper club! I would start with Autoform as they offer a few different styles. Congrats on the new purchase!

·
Landscaping Professional
13,804 Posts
Even with HPDE, you will not likely ever find a track where you will get over 140mph. It is only around that speed where a rear spoiler might begin to have some positive effects, but the RT's basic shape is aero poor and not really worth the effort.

Your stock brake system will benefit greatly from fresh piston seals, DOT4 fluid and some aftermarket pads. One thing you really need to keep in mind is that many new owners tend to ride the brakes far too much through the corners and that generates heat that doesn't have time to dissipate before the next corner. Use them in a straight line, get your entry line set and take your foot off the brake until the next corner.

I also recommend pulling the proportioning spring (behind the big hex nut) out of the rear section of the combination valve. This will give you a little more rear brake bias and is a zero-cost improvement. Follow this with a FULL bleed to the rear. Some years ago, a couple of companies were offering adapter brackets which allowed the use of Porsche 911 brake air deflectors. They are inexpensive and helpful.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I’ve really learned a lot on this form. I was looking at APR performance. They’ll custom make a 71” adjustable wing for a rt 10. Now I’ll have to rethink it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts