Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many know that my RSI Twin Turbo car has plenty of power but we have yet to find a clutch that can hold the power!

tonight SW took the car to the track just to try it out and turned some pretty good numbers:

first run Boost controller off low power 10.01 149.8 MPH

second Run Boost COntroller on second setting 9.72 149 MPH Tied World Record

third run boost contoller on 3 forget about it 9.8 150 MPH No traction spinning down the track.

The really good news is this was a Test N tune track with no prep and the clutch held and worked really well! this car will run low 9.40's soon and maybe better.

Racing SOltuions has built a Rocket and it is impressive to say the least!

SHreveport we are now ready to unload the Twin Turbo And put it down the track!!!

thanks to SW for his hard work testing the car and his great driving!
:thumb:

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
CONGRATS TO DR.ROOF,THE SHEEK,BIG AND LITTLE E OF RSI!YOU GO DAVE! :rofl: :clap: :dance:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
Congrats Dr. Roof. I was at the track tonite and saw your car run - it was very impressive. From what I saw, several people made the car powerful, but only one person made it fast - SW. Its one thing to build 1100 rw hp, but it takes a different skill set to know how to best manage the power. SW did that for you both on and off the track.

See you next week.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just want to thank David for letting me have his car to play with. I was determined to get this clutch issue worked out. RSI has built a really fast car, but you can only use so much power. The car has no lag at all, and just blows the tires off. It's basically sideways in 1st&2nd leaving really easy. Now we need some sticker tires to get it to 60ft. My best 60ft last night was a crappy 1.48 spinning. Last night was at a test &tune night and the track was not preped at all. I can't wait to see what this car does with a prepped track. I would also like to thank [email protected] Racing for his help/input on the clutch problem and [email protected] Motorsports, my Supra mechanic, for getting the problem fixed. For the record, I ran a [email protected] with the boost controller off, right off the trailer. According to Justin, the guy that tuned it with the AEM, this car is capable of making about another 200rwh, but there really is no point until we can find traction. I've driven alot of high hp modified cars and this car drives like a stocker around town. I was pretty happy finally getting to make some decent full passes last night, a little more practice/traction, it just might get there...

Jason, just remember, don't bring a water pistol to a gun fight!! :smooch:

See you in Shreveport!

SW

·
Registered
720 Posts
yep SW....last nite that track was slippery as heck!!..i think once the track is prepped it'll run a record....you flat out blew the tires off on it on the last run...that was setting 3????...oh by the way...what was your best in that GTO you ran??...Len

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
StreetKing said:
I just want to thank David for letting me have his car to play with. I was determined to get this clutch issue worked out. RSI has built a really fast car, but you can only use so much power. The car has no lag at all, and just blows the tires off. It's basically sideways in 1st&2nd leaving really easy. Now we need some sticker tires to get it to 60ft. My best 60ft last night was a crappy 1.48 spinning. Last night was at a test &tune night and the track was not preped at all. I can't wait to see what this car does with a prepped track. I would also like to thank [email protected] Racing for his help/input on the clutch problem and [email protected] Motorsports, my Supra mechanic, for getting the problem fixed. For the record, I ran a [email protected] with the boost controller off, right off the trailer. According to Justin, the guy that tuned it with the AEM, this car is capable of making about another 200rwh, but there really is no point until we can find traction. I've driven alot of high hp modified cars and this car drives like a stocker around town. I was pretty happy finally getting to make some decent full passes last night, a little more practice/traction, it just might get there...

Jason, just remember, don't bring a water pistol to a gun fight!! :smooch:

See you in Shreveport!

SW

SW
Great run and I am extremely happy that you made it a full pass and left the clutch in tact. Albert will be excited knowing that we have a chance to line up against you. Let the staging games begin, is that how you say it? The Shreveport race is lining up to be another unlimited battle, if only I can keep Albert away from the gaming tables long enough to get a nights rest. This has me worried so I have asked RSI to install 2 more bottles and drill holes for a king size pill. lol
I hope that you know that I have kept all the photos in a safe place and I just hope that they stay there :nod: :smooch:, ok.

Rohn

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
/images/graemlins/drive :bowdown: GREAT TIMES! So...umm maybe you should just use slicks and not street tires /images/graemlins/wink j/k. What type of tires are you going to switch to. I know not many tires are made for the viper????

Guys with lots of $$$ like you...make me dream and work harder to make my viper like yours. Man, I need to go back to school to get a 3rd degree....MBA.

One day, when my viper growns up...it'll be just like Roof's...ok not just like....but not as yella /images/graemlins/smiles

Dr.Roof PM to come.

·
Registered
235 Posts
SW
Great run and I am extremely happy that you made it a full pass and left the clutch in tact. Albert will be excited knowing that we have a chance to line up against you. Let the staging games begin, is that how you say it? The Shreveport race is lining up to be another unlimited battle, if only I can keep Albert away from the gaming tables long enough to get a nights rest. This has me worried so I have asked RSI to install 2 more bottles and drill holes for a king size pill. lol
I hope that you know that I have kept all the photos in a safe place and I just hope that they stay there :nod: :smooch:, ok.

Rohn

Rohn, don't worry, I will have a few of my friends keeping Albert company at the tables all night! I also have Albert's favorite CD, "Asleep at the Wheel", already in your car. Btw, I have a few pictures of you/? also.. /images/graemlins/smiles

See you in a few days.

Len, thanks for you help last night. My best in the GTO was [email protected] That car belonged to one of the track officals wife, so I didn't want to break it, she's only had it a week.. It suffers from severe wheel hop. Really nice car, drives nice.

SW

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
"Rohn, don't worry, I will have a few of my friends keeping Albert company at the tables all night! I also have Albert's favorite CD, "Asleep at the Wheel", already in your car. Btw, I have a few pictures of you/? also.. /images/graemlins/smiles"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.