Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with RSI! They're at the track right now! The World Record has been shattered! SW has driven the RSI 700 ALL MOTOR to a, ready for this, 10.10 @139!!!!!! This is all motor!!!!! NO NOS!!!!! This shatters George Bryce's record!

Jason Styles RSI 650 w/ a 200 shot, no direct port, ran a 9.95 @ 140 STRAIGHT OFF THE TRAILER!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

The RSI Team thinks they're gonna get into the 9's on ALL MOTOR TONIGHT!!!! Stay tuned!!!!! :burn: :burn: :burn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
hmm do i detect a bit excitement? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Hey, good job on their part. That's quite an achievement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,693 Posts
:bowdown: If it's going be done it will come some RSI!! :bowdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,773 Posts
what is their secret for the 60ft times? Their mph isn't anything a viper hasn't done before or anything new, it's just that E.T.. What are they running? Stock tranny? Slicks? Freight Train hitting them in the ass on take off??


Gerald
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gerald said:
what is their secret for the 60ft times? Their mph isn't anything a viper hasn't done before or anything new, it's just that E.T.. What are they running? Stock tranny? Slicks? Freight Train hitting them in the ass on take off??


Gerald <hr /></blockquote>

I know it's a stock tranny, T56. I'll get more details as they come in. They're at the track right now! Man I wish I could've seen that run!
 

·
Ace Pounder
Joined
·
17,732 Posts
Gerald said:
what is their secret for the 60ft times? Their mph isn't anything a viper hasn't done before or anything new, it's just that E.T.. What are they running? Stock tranny? Slicks? Freight Train hitting them in the ass on take off??


Gerald <hr /></blockquote>

SW
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SeriousEric said:
Gerald said:
what is their secret for the 60ft times? Their mph isn't anything a viper hasn't done before or anything new, it's just that E.T.. What are they running? Stock tranny? Slicks? Freight Train hitting them in the ass on take off??


Gerald <hr /></blockquote>

SW <hr /></blockquote>

That guy's just not fair!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
634 Posts
I did recall 998 on SW's car on Tuesday. RSI did a great job on his car! SW was kind enough to show me the dyno sheets!!! I know what it takes to run a 9...I think it will happen-IF the track stays warm enough. It is 55 degrees at the track! Good luck SW!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David Weaver said:
I did recall 998 on SW's car on Tuesday. RSI did a great job on his car! SW was kind enough to show me the dyno sheets!!! I know what it takes to run a 9...I think it will happen-IF the track stays warm enough. It is 55 degrees at the track! Good luck SW! <hr /></blockquote>

David!

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/pano/panels/26-4825.png[/image]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,693 Posts
David Weaver said:
I did recall 998 on SW's car on Tuesday. RSI did a great job on his car! SW was kind enough to show me the dyno sheets!!! I know what it takes to run a 9...I think it will happen-IF the track stays warm enough. It is 55 degrees at the track! Good luck SW! <hr /></blockquote>

I thought you dropped off the face of the earth David. Great to have you over here!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
634 Posts
Too much work and not enough play but I am here. I will try not to be so much of a "lurker"!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,693 Posts
David Weaver said:
Too much work and not enough play but I am here. I will try not to be so much of a "lurker"! <hr /></blockquote>

Well come hang out with us here when you have time!! /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,102 Posts
Wow - that is an amazing ALL MOTOR time!!! That was faster than SW's times with the Sean Roe blower. Also another Viper in the 9's - RSI seems to be putting out some great cars.

Congrats!! /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Congrats on the run, but I do have a few questions. Lets take a look at both time slips if they arent scaredLets start with the heads cam car w/ 200 shot. Runs 9.95 @140. No problem. , so that sounds right on target. But the motor car ran a 10.10 at 140. A heads cam car makes 550- RWHP, plus 200 N20 rwhp is 750 RWHP. MHP tells power. So you are going to tell me that the motor car makes 750 RWHP to trap 140 mph as the heads cam nitrous car? Someone please explaim.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Viperjudge said:
Congrats on the run, but I do have a few questions. Lets take a look at both time slips if they arent scaredLets start with the heads cam car w/ 200 shot. Runs 9.95 @140. No problem. , so that sounds right on target. But the motor car ran a 10.10 at 140. A heads cam car makes 550- RWHP, plus 200 N20 rwhp is 750 RWHP. MHP tells power. So you are going to tell me that the motor car makes 750 RWHP to trap 140 mph as the heads cam nitrous car? Someone please explaim. <hr /></blockquote>

I just spoke with RSI and asked them about your questions. They said that they'd be more than happy to show you their beast in person. Pop the hood, the whole 9 yards. They said that after that, they'd be more than happy to escort you & anyone else to the track, where they'd duplicate the run all day. :burn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
So it sounds like the car is making 750 RWHP or more on motor. Technology is great isn't it. I guess all the other tuners that have been doing this for years haven't found their nitche or where to hid the nitros bottles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
My car ran the 9.95 @ 140 with SW driving. He warned me that the rear felt loose. It seems that the clutches in the limited slip are not catching. I drove the car without the nitrous and let out after 3rd because the car was all over the track. Still managed a 11.50 without hitting fourth and no nos. I witnessed all runs and let me vouch that there was no nitrous near SW's car all day, it is just a fast ALL MOTOR car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
The Viperjudge said:
So it sounds like the car is making 750 RWHP or more on motor. Technology is great isn't it. I guess all the other tuners that have been doing this for years haven't found their nitche or where to hid the nitros bottles. <hr /></blockquote>

Viperjudge, I don't know who you are, but you are way off base. If you know anything about me, you would know I let the numbers my cars run do the talking. Now I have set the fastest N/A record and now someone(you) have to imply I was using NOS. If I had NOS on the car it would have gone faster..I just had the my car at Maxwell Dodge for the brace recall and David Weaver did the work on Monday. He looked the car over front to back, here's his #512-249-3297, I'm sure can verify my car has no NOS. Or, here's a thought, take MY word for it..

SW
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top