Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - we have all read about the guy from NC who is making a claimed 925 rwhp on a stock motor on 13 psi. But I dont want a big pissing match over the new RSI number. They seem to be a reputable tuner shop from all I have read. But I do have a few questions that I need some answers to before I can know that this new "World Record" is for real.

1. Was the air/water intercooler being sprayed with NOS during the dyno pull? If the answer is yes, the number is still valid to me, but it is nice to know under what conditions it was obtained.

2. DLM has been running powerful blower combinations for years. Their most powerful car would be Treynor's I am pretty sure. His car only made 990 rwhp with boost AND nitrous. The numbers that RSI has gotten are so strong that they would almost seem to be obtained with nitrous. How can we know that the bottle was turned OFF?

3. The most powerful SC Viper dyno graph I have seen was Heffner's SC that belongs to Paolo. It was something like 885 rwhp on 14 psi (correct me if I am wrong). So RSI is making 173 rwhp more than his car with 2 psi more boost and 22 more cubic inches? Maybe its true. But again, its really hard to believe.

If RSI reads this, they could probably care less what I have to say or questions that I have to ask. But I am sure that I am not the only one who has these questions.

It would seem to be in RSI's best interest to bring this 1058 rwhp non-nitrous as of yet Viper to San Antonio on Saturday and dyno it in front of everyone that is going to the Viper Nationals. If they duplicate their number or any number over 1000 rwhp with independent witnesses who can plainly see that the nitrous bottle is not in the car, then I am a beleiver and truly impressed.

Until then, I wont call BS, but I will say that it looks just too good to be true. And you know what they say about things that are too good to be true.

If RSI or any other sound tech head (torquemeister) wants to take issue with my questions, I welcome intellegent comments (please dont reduce this to a flame war). Thanks.

CJ
 

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
18,149 Posts
J DAWG said:
and you are.........who?
An AE I bet.

Torque checked out the info on the NC Viper and it does make the claimed power.

If the rice racers can get 600+ hp out of a 4cyl 2.5+- Mopar what is so hard about getting 1200+ out of a 8+ liter V10?

Theory and formulas are only as good as the info put in. If they were 100% then the best of the best would be out and no future advancement would come along now would it.

Thinking inside the box only lets you see the walls, not what is on the other side and could be.


Flames should be coming soon.





Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,300 Posts
Personally I think RSI is being straight up about the #'s they posted.

RSI is a reputable shop and they have nothing to gain by posting Bullshit numbers.

:cheers:

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
Personally I think RSI is being straight up about the #'s they posted.

RSI is a reputable shop and they have nothing to gain by posting Bullshit numbers.

:cheers:

Jeff

Exactly, and they would have alot to loose if this were false. They run a business and to be a reputable tuner whatever they post they will be expected to deliver time and time again. It is not their style to post BS from what I have seen.
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Since they are only a short drive from SA, maybe theyll change their minds and show after all the shit is posted. I mean they have the king shiznits number and there is no reason not to show. It only makes sense,..put all that work into it, lay down a big dyno number and then back up doubters with a 155+ trap speed on Sunday with NO nitrous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smokin said:
Since they are only a short drive from SA, maybe theyll change their minds and show after all the shit is posted. I mean they have the king shiznits number and there is no reason not to show. It only makes sense,..put all that work into it, lay down a big dyno number and then back up doubters with a 155+ trap speed on Sunday with NO nitrous.
That seems pretty fair to me.

CJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
The Viper is on the trailer and is all that and could be more. They have a couple more they are working on along w/ a TT.
No better place to bring your Viper if you want great numbers and fantastic hold together work.

rohn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rohn - what kind of power was your Viper making when it ran 9.4? Seems as though I had read something like 990 rwhp? Do you think that the 1058 rwhp no nitrous Viper will cover you by 2 tenths?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,026 Posts
RacinCJ said:
Rohn - what kind of power was your Viper making when it ran 9.4? Seems as though I had read something like 990 rwhp? Do you think that the 1058 rwhp no nitrous Viper will cover you by 2 tenths?
No....nitrous is king. Rohn's is a nitrous car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will bet that at the very least that they got the number by spraying nitrous on the intercooler during the dyno pull. It's still a big number any way you look at it. But I just dont think that they are wanting to disclose the nitrous cooling effect on the air/water intercooler.

If this is the case, then they will not show up to the dyno shootout on Sat. in SA.
 

·
Irredeemable
Joined
·
9,343 Posts
They will be at the drags on Sunday. I have yet to see RSI exaggerate numbers in the past and have NO reason to think they are doing so now.
It is a customer car anyway, maybe he will dyno it himself later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,601 Posts
There is a limit on how much power you can make vs. displacement, and I personally don't think 1059RWHP is that close to the max limit, although probably not TOO far off it.

It's not just about PSI, it's about how much air. A 1/4" hose at 20psi is flowing less air than a 5-foot duct at 10psi. The reason BS was called before is that if a motor is stock, then the flow doesn't change - so PSI is the only factor. But in a modified motor, flow is very important. A free breathing motor sucking in 16psi could be making a lot more power than a stocker.

If you figure, for example, that a 510cid stroker made 600RWHP, and since ambient is around 14psi, and they are at 16psi, they are putting in 115% more air and the theoretical limit would, I believe, be 115% of what the motor was making without any boost, which would be 1,285RWHP. 1,059RWHP is 82% of the theoretical most they could get... so are they able to squeeze that much out? I don't know how 82% rates for a number, but to me it sounds like it's within the bounds of reason. Furthermore, is it really 16.0PSI? Guages aren't 100% accurate and boost changes with RPM, so maybe it's 16.9 or the guage has a 1.5psi error range... and who knows how well they can build a motor? Maybe they can get a fair bit more than 600RWHP on a stroker? Wasn't LPE around the 700+RWHP range on their big motor package?

However you slice it, 1059RWHP on 16psi on a well tuned stroker is certainly within the bounds of reason, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
I think they are reputable and would only post acurate information! why would they lie? they always show up big on race day! I think it is incredible and cannot wait to see it in action!

I talked to Gerald today about business of the event and he told me about the car and I believe him! he also said that they will show up big on Raceday! this is gonna be interesting!

the Sad part is I used to think i had a fast car /images/graemlins/surrender
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Dr Roof, yes your car is slow, you should give it to me. Are you kidding me? Cars will forever be modified....your car rocks, it smoked during the VOI video (or was that the v10's)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,026 Posts
RacinCJ said:
1. Was the air/water intercooler being sprayed with NOS during the dyno pull? If the answer is yes, the number is still valid to me, but it is nice to know under what conditions it was obtained.
Nitrous will not noticably help a air/water intercooler. Using a ice water fuel cell and pumping that through the ic will help but won't work well after a good cruise and a few passes.

Mike was taking about flow and boost. Remember, if it 16psi on a 510ci motor, that same airflow going in would be ??18psi,more?? I don't know, but you get the idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
RacinCJ said:
OK - we have all read about the guy from NC who is making a claimed 925 rwhp on a stock motor on 13 psi. But I dont want a big pissing match over the new RSI number. They seem to be a reputable tuner shop from all I have read. But I do have a few questions that I need some answers to before I can know that this new "World Record" is for real.

1. Was the air/water intercooler being sprayed with NOS during the dyno pull? If the answer is yes, the number is still valid to me, but it is nice to know under what conditions it was obtained.

2. DLM has been running powerful blower combinations for years. Their most powerful car would be Treynor's I am pretty sure. His car only made 990 rwhp with boost AND nitrous. The numbers that RSI has gotten are so strong that they would almost seem to be obtained with nitrous. How can we know that the bottle was turned OFF?

3. The most powerful SC Viper dyno graph I have seen was Heffner's SC that belongs to Paolo. It was something like 885 rwhp on 14 psi (correct me if I am wrong). So RSI is making 173 rwhp more than his car with 2 psi more boost and 22 more cubic inches? Maybe its true. But again, its really hard to believe.

If RSI reads this, they could probably care less what I have to say or questions that I have to ask. But I am sure that I am not the only one who has these questions.

It would seem to be in RSI's best interest to bring this 1058 rwhp non-nitrous as of yet Viper to San Antonio on Saturday and dyno it in front of everyone that is going to the Viper Nationals. If they duplicate their number or any number over 1000 rwhp with independent witnesses who can plainly see that the nitrous bottle is not in the car, then I am a beleiver and truly impressed.

Until then, I wont call BS, but I will say that it looks just too good to be true. And you know what they say about things that are too good to be true.

If RSI or any other sound tech head (torquemeister) wants to take issue with my questions, I welcome intellegent comments (please dont reduce this to a flame war). Thanks.

CJ
I definately think it is possible. I hope in the near future to add rods and pistons plus ported heads, intake and headers. I have no doubt mine will go over 1000 with ease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
As posted in the other thread, the owner has previous engagements that can't be broken. See you all on Sunday, I'm looking forward to putting names with faces.
Peter
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top