Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a 1 1/2 years ago after Gerald got a stink stirred up on the Busa board I met a Busa guy from Alabama at the halfway mark (80 miles) and got my azzz spanked really bad. At that time I had s/c only at 5 psi making about 580/580 hp/tq. After Garys video, things started stirring up again so I thought round two was in order since I am now at 790/950 hp/tq. We met in the middle again this afternoon. Unfortunately the tranny didn't like fifth gear today.....not that I would have made up much, if any ground. We started at 60 mph and my fifth gear shift should be right at 140 mph. The Busa rider (Ron) is a great guy and a very good rider....well known on the Busa board. That's why I wanted to run him instead of a local Busa.

Round one: July 2003

Round two: March 2005

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
1TONY1 said:
About a 1 1/2 years ago after Gerald got a stink stirred up on the Busa board I met a Busa guy from Alabama at the halfway mark (80 miles) and got my azzz spanked really bad. At that time I had s/c only at 5 psi making about 580/580 hp/tq. After Garys video, things started stirring up again so I thought round two was in order since I am now at 790/950 hp/tq. We met in the middle again this afternoon. Unfortunately the tranny didn't like fifth gear today.....not that I would have made up much, if any ground. We started at 60 mph and my fifth gear shift should be right at 140 mph. The Busa rider (Ron) is a great guy and a very good rider....well known on the Busa board. That's why I wanted to run him instead of a local Busa.

Round one: July 2003

Round two: March 2005
Tony, I have dial-up. By how many cars did he pull you?

By the way, I think a 60 roll is too slow and gives a lot of advantage to the bike. I would say more like 80 MPH would give you the best chance :thumb:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
DynoDaddy said:
BTW Oil goes in the tranny not marbles... :O( I see a tranny rebuild in very very near future.
Tony you have had that transmission problem since V-10 Nationals in Columbus, Ohio.

I know of a dealership in Ringgold that can get you a good deal on a trany.....do you want me to talk to the boss for you.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
strange Tony, You can run 144 in the quarter and yet a Busa pulls on you like a freight train! ;) That's what happens when you rely on Nitrous! LOL!!!

All kidding aside. He's pulling on you pretty easy. Doesn't look like a stock 'busa?

Gerald

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Tony, looks like on the first race (580 hp), you started in 2nd gear, and on the re-match on third gear.
He does pull you on the rematch very good, but after seeing the first race and knowing that now you have +200 rwhp I thought it would be closer.
Is the Bike Stock?, looks like he would have pulled you on the rematch couple of cars less than on the first race if you would have gotten 5th in, maybe he did some work to the bike..
Just my opinion, no a flame...
JC

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SGC-ZR1 said:
Tony, looks like on the first race (580 hp), you started in 2nd gear, and on the re-match on third gear.
I watched the video again.......both races started in third. The bike is very close to stock and is the same (except for color) as it was the first round.

Paolo, When I tryed the fifth gear shift he was about two cars out. 80 may have been better.

Jason, This was my do-over. LOL

Cuda, The tranny has been fine since the throwout bearing/disk replacement right after BG.

Chad, That's for you rich guys....I have to stay with the warranty rejects.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
THE CHAD said:
Not to pick but why 3rd at only 60? You shift to 2nd at 50-55mph I bet. Wheelspin?
I think Tony still has the 3.55s still in the rear :doh: :doh: That's why he had to go into 5th. Tony, when are you going to switch that thing out?! :idea: :idea: :idea:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.