Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For youse guys that got 'em, how often do you need to re-adjust them?

(I've lost my mind and think I would like some more power on my Roe Supercharged GTS.)

Anything else that I should know about?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Kenny
I'm having T & D's put on in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes. I'm hoping to pick up 20-30 hp.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I think there is a lock nut that only need the intial adjustment(maybe an adjustment after a break-in period). Call Sean Roe, saw on a thread he was playing with how much the compress the pushrod into the lifter. And I still have a set for $825 shipped, sorry for the advertisement:)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sun Ra Kat:

Once adjusted correctly there should not be a lot of change. In my opinion, many of these get installed incorrectly. Common mistakes: rocker-to-valve geometry incorrect (wrong shim); incorrect length push rod; adjusters tightened down too far. As bad as that sounds, when you see the oem rockers, you will wonder how they work at all.

Are you going to participate at National Trail raceway in August. Several of us are coming down on Friday. Get some tires and give us Northerners some competition. :fight:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Should not need readjustment....its a hydraulic lifter, designed to vary "lash" based on operating conditions.

The real question is were yours set up correctly from the beginning.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Welcome to the House of Speed!

Ive had my T&D's on for about 4000 miles and have never adjusted them after initial installation. As everyone else has said, make sure you have a good, qualified Vipertech/Tuner do the work...or make sure you know what you are doing. If youve done rocker arms on a V8 and have replaced pushrods, this isnt a whole lot different.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jack B said:
Sun Ra Kat:

Are you going to participate at National Trail raceway in August. Several of us are coming down on Friday. Get some tires and give us Northerners some competition. :fight:
I may come and kick some ass. I somehow seem to have major traction problems at part throttle in 1st & 2nd & 3rd due to the Roe Supercharger torque - 607.6 rwft/pounds @ 2950 RPMs - but I have been training my right foot to be my traction control...

I run on stock tires, BTW, just because that's what I run on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts