Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have a pic of their rollbar? Anthony? i am in the market, and want to weigh options...

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, you are exactly right! i just got some pics from the morgue, and it looks the best.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerome said:
Ol' Red said:
yup, you are exactly right! i just got some pics from the morgue, and it looks the best.
I have this info logged into my brain. Been over all of this way before I need to even be thinking about it. Just need the car now. :doh:
soon enough my friend!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Eric,

Got one in the GTS(still at DLM)and one in the SRT(currently at Huffines). I will check with Keith to see if he has any pics of the GTS interior. Both bars came from Autoform. BTR's bar is very nice.

Clark

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Ol' Red said:
anybody have a pic of their rollbar? Anthony? i am in the market, and want to weigh options...
I've looked at them all and actually got a chance to sit in a car with the BTR bar, and it is the best one for me. Reasons:

1) It looks the most stock. It doesn't have the cross section in the middle which makes the car look too race-like, and/or impedes some of the rear view.

2) It doesn't restrict seat movement, and since I am 6'3, I need the seat all the way back, and need the head rest to fit inbetween the roll bar at the top.

I actually sat in Tom Welch's car in San Antonio and sure enough, just like he said, the seat went all the way back.

I have since placed my order for the bar and it will be shipped out by the end of the week.

Manny

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont like the "humps" above the seats in the Autoform bar. just my preference... i like how smooth the BTR bar looks

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
clark,
did Keith put the bars in for you? what did it run you if you dont mind me asking. you can pm me if you need to. as Manny said, i love how stock the BTR bar looks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
How easy is the cutting with the BTR install?

The Autoform bar says it comes with a filler panel so that your stock panel does not need to be cut up. Is that worth any difference in the two?

·
Banned Since 2003
17,661 Posts
I would first take the car to race shop where they build cars from scratch and have them design a roll cage to the exact specifications you want. You might just find its a lot less expensive as well.

I am just not into pre-made poser crap with lots of mark up and questionable engineering.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
RedSnake: Call Wolfe Race Craft he's the leader in roll cages and roll bars. He's also in Ft. Worth, close to you. Thats all this guy does is build roll cages and roll bars, for many big time racers.

good luck.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
[quote='96 Viper GTS]My thought on roll bar is that if I ever am in a wreck bad enough I am rolling over, I do not think a rool bar is going to help me. LOL [/quote]

Have you ever been in a wreck in a race car? You would change your mind on those comments if you were.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER IN BUYING THE RIGHT ROLLBAR:

1. IS IT WELD-IN OR BOLT-IN?
I SUGGEST THAT A WELD-IN BAR IS STRONGER THAN A BOLT-IN. THE BOLTS GOING THRU THE FLOOR WILL DRAG OVER THINGS LIKE SPEED BUMPS IF YOUR CAR IS LOWERED.

2. DO YOU MAINTAIN THE FACTORY SEAT BELTS OR HAVE TO ONLY USE 5-POINT HARNESSES?
LOSING THE USE OF YOUR FACTORY SEAT BELTS CAN BE ANNOYING.

3. DO YOU HAVE FULL HEAD ROOM AND SEAT TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH?
WHAT GOOD IS THE BAR IF YOU BANG YOUR HEAD AGAINST IT OR CANT MOVE THE SEAT BACK AS FAR AS YOU NEED TO?

4. DO YOU NEED A DOOR-BAR TO SATISFY SOME DRAGSTRIP TECH?
SOME TRACKS WONT LET YOU RUN UNDER 12 WITHOUT A DOOR BAR.

5. WHAT KIND OF FINISH DO YOU WANT ON THE BAR FOR MAXIMUM PIMP FACTOR (THE HELL WITH SAFETY, THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WANT)? CHROME, PAINT OR POWDERCOAT?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
BTR handles all of those things, although I am not sure about #1, as I never asked.

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
The answer to # 1 question above is;

Our bar does not interfere with ground contact or any other item, structure or entitiy of the vehicle. The rear upright bars attach through the floor with plates by "sandwiching" the floor pan. This is the acceptable method for bolt in bars. Actually the upright bars mount to the floor that is above the exhaust system approximately where the bend is made from the sidesill in front of the rear tire. The installation is not visible from inside or under the vehicle.....hence very clean and secure.

Factory seatbelt use is not affected.

They look great painted, powdercoated, chromed..hell even bare!

Any other questions?

Thanks for all the positive comments......satisfied customers are my best salespeople.

Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts