Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
GTS Black said:
Has anyone switched from a Roe to Paxton or Paxton to Roe. What were the differences and are you happy with the change?

Thanks
Do you have either one now ? I am on about 13,000 miles with my Roe s/c car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for the slight hijack; Mike, your engine compartment is beautiful, but there's a couple things that concern me about your setup that I myself am struggling with, perhaps you could clarify.

1.) I noticed you are ventilating the crankcase on the passenger side back into the intake.

Q1.) Isn't there residual oil vapor that is in fact blowing into your engine because of this. I know the amount of oil is minimal but can't that create some serious problems for the long term?

2.) On the other side you are venting the case through a breather air filter.

Q2.) my experiences with these have been unsuccessful. They seem to do fine under minimal load but once you get on it I find that oil vapor usually accumulates and turns into a drip, which then leaks out of the filter (ecspecially whe they are in the horizontal position). I have put in a 90 degree elbow before and it appeared to help but once the filter becomes saturated it usually loses it effectiveness.

I'm researching the vent caps that screw into the the valve covers. Have you had any experiences with these types.

As far as the Roe vs. paxton thing goes there has been a lot of debate on that subject. If you do a search I think you'll find that if you are into DIY projects ROE is the only choice. Paxton is becoming more of a tuner install only package, there are some that have tried it with minimal success mainly due to ineptitude of the support staff and/or not being able to reach them. Other then those non-system related issues the differences are pretty straight forward.

~Matt~

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't have the roe blower on anymore. Sean has changed his set up since then. This one of his original idea's to work a pcv system. On the paxton set up the picture was part way through the install the little filter was put on the air cleaner because I had to push the car outside and without a hood I didn't want to risk someone going by and in puting something an open hole. The Paxton uses the factory set up and they add a pcv valve to reduce the blow by going throught the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.