Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to here from the guys that have a Roe Supercharger installed on their car and if they do what other mods do they have with it. I have been thinking about buying one for my 2000 GTS. I don't want to here from all the DLM and Heffner guys because those are just out of the question for the money. I know you get what you pay for but 15k is a bit steep for me, especially since I could have a Roe and HRE's! What kind of numbers are you throwing down and how happy are you that you purchased it.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
vipergts2000,

My S/C is in the mail on the way....I obviously can't tell you any "post s/c" experiences, but I can tell you what I have planned...I have a borla exhaust and will be purchasing high flo's...From what I understand, You can obviously use stock headers, but changing them would be wise in the future..you have the eutectic pistons so a 5lb is probably the best bet though I know a couple of post 99 v's that are using the 8lb pulley. According to your sig, you already have the exhaust and exhaust so you're already ahead of the game. Stock throttle bodies okay, but change if you get a chance. This isn't new information as it's discussed all the time on this forum, but if you have any specifics, these guys are WELL VERSED and you can always p.m. me. I may not be of too much help, but...

a great person to p.m. is SUNRAKAT. He is well versed on the S/C by roe.

he was very helpful in answering the questions for me that you just asked. :thumb:

sorry if this is useless but I'm trying to give you any info I can.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have it on my 99rt10 and cant be happier :nod: did the install at home with a friend of mine ..didnt dyno tune it yet but the car is really fast and drives great with the standards cards that came with the package :nod: the power is always there and the car sounds great ..thanks ROE for th great supercharger :bowdown: and thanks MBN for your help with the install Q's /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Bing,

I bought Mike Perry's that he took off his car immediately after he placed it as he went to nitrous propane!!got a killer deal and a free install by my tech...can't be happier.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
Bing,
can't be happier.
Yes you can.....wait until after it's installed /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Oh yeah,, uhh..Tony knows a couple of things about he SC as well... just a few things. LOL.

tony your car sounds awesome in that Vid with Dr. Roof, sounded like a turbo purging...is that was the s/c roe sounds like?

·
Registered
791 Posts
ok...for your info it comes with bigger throttle bodies than the stock in the kit..if you get to where you statrt build pressure in the intake tubes it's because your cats cannot flow well enough and your build boost all the way into the tubes..jus for your info...alot of cats won't flow enough to keep up with the roe...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
true dat...true dat.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
vipergts2000 said:
I want to here from the guys that have a Roe Supercharger installed on their car and if they do what other mods do they have with it. I have been thinking about buying one for my 2000 GTS. I don't want to here from all the DLM and Heffner guys because those are just out of the question for the money. I know you get what you pay for but 15k is a bit steep for me, especially since I could have a Roe and HRE's! What kind of numbers are you throwing down and how happy are you that you purchased it.
No mods....except for Sean's oval HF cats.
I've kept mine truly bolt on/off.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
Oh yeah,, uhh..Tony knows a couple of things about he SC as well... just a few things. LOL.

tony your car sounds awesome in that Vid with Dr. Roof, sounded like a turbo purging...is that was the s/c roe sounds like?
That's Roofs car you hear, and his blowoff is what you hear when he shifts and lets out. I don't know why he didn't want to continue down the shoulder /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

This is what my car sounds like. Believe it or not, I don't hear much of the s/c in the car.
Roe supercharger drag pass

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
70mm throttle bodies are an option of you wish to buy'em, but they don't come with'em. not at all.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Tony, I have that video in my archive..it's the only one on a roe/sc that I have. are there any others? that thing sounds awesome...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Dang it!
Sean needs to finish the Gen 1 S/C or I can get mine sent. /images/graemlins/mad /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
239 Posts
ViperGTS2000,

I have over 6000 miles on my Roe Super Charger. Similar to your application my Viper is a pure bolt on car. As well I have the cast piston "cream puff" motor. I have made a lot of drag strip passes, I am sure more than 100 passes with the super charger, everything has held up very well. The only issue I had was with the bypass hose and pipe hitting my hood. we lowered the the engine, but it still hit. We took of the intake tube and sent it back to Sean and he fixed it, it does not hit any more. I think he has corrected this on the current super charger kits, as mine was the last one of the first run. My car runs very well, I make 565 hp and 605 TQ on Macedo's Dyno Jet here in Florida's heat. I do recommend dyno tunning your setup, prior to Larry Macedo spending about 2-3 hours with the car on the Dyno, the car made 530 hp and 575 TQ. As well the car revs very quickly to redline now, before I would always have a little bit of a chug or sometimes a break up in 3rd gear to redline. I know Sean's cards will work fine on a basic install, but to get the most out of the set up I would suggest getting someone like "Larry Macedo" to fine tune it on a dyno. I think Headers are a good call forget the cats though, you will super heat them, I'm not sure on the throttle bodies, I don't think I noticed much of a difference with the TB'S, maybe with more boost it makes a difference, but with cast pistons you are really limited to 5 lbs if you want to keep the motor safe. I would suggest the rocker arms, I think that makes a big difference on the cast piston motor's cam, I did mine before the supercharger and picked up a lot in the 1/4 mile, approx 3-4 tenths. Again, I suggest having someone who knows what they are doing to do the install on those. Bottom line, I have been very happy with my choice of super charger, it is not the fastest super charged Viper by any means, but it is very reliable and much faster than a stock viper.

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
Fuelman said:
ViperGTS2000,

I have over 6000 miles on my Roe Super Charger. Similar to your application my Viper is a pure bolt on car. As well I have the cast piston "cream puff" motor. I have made a lot of drag strip passes, I am sure more than 100 passes with the super charger, everything has held up very well. The only issue I had was with the bypass hose and pipe hitting my hood. we lowered the the engine, but it still hit. We took of the intake tube and sent it back to Sean and he fixed it, it does not hit any more. I think he has corrected this on the current super charger kits, as mine was the last one of the first run. My car runs very well, I make 565 hp and 605 TQ on Macedo's Dyno Jet here in Florida's heat. I do recommend dyno tunning your setup, prior to Larry Macedo spending about 2-3 hours with the car on the Dyno, the car made 530 hp and 575 TQ. As well the car revs very quickly to redline now, before I would always have a little bit of a chug or sometimes a break up in 3rd gear to redline. I know Sean's cards will work fine on a basic install, but to get the most out of the set up I would suggest getting someone like "Larry Macedo" to fine tune it on a dyno. I think Headers are a good call forget the cats though, you will super heat them, I'm not sure on the throttle bodies, I don't think I noticed much of a difference with the TB'S, maybe with more boost it makes a difference, but with cast pistons you are really limited to 5 lbs if you want to keep the motor safe. I would suggest the rocker arms, I think that makes a big difference on the cast piston motor's cam, I did mine before the supercharger and picked up a lot in the 1/4 mile, approx 3-4 tenths. Again, I suggest having someone who knows what they are doing to do the install on those. Bottom line, I have been very happy with my choice of super charger, it is not the fastest super charged Viper by any means, but it is very reliable and much faster than a stock viper.
I second Fuelman's suggestion of getting the car dyno tuned (by Larry Macedo of course!). He did wonders for my car. In addition of getting more power, he found problems I didn't even know I had. And hey fuelman, what do you mean my truck is an "antique"?! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed one w/ 5lb pulley. Tried 8lb but detonation. Need new cards for VEC 2. Some small issues to resolve, but overall awesome! Total mods. Belanger headers, 1.7 rockers, K&N, gears. I raced two new GSX-R 750's this weekend. From roll on and dead stop, crushed em. No dyno or 1/4 mile times, but friend has same set up ran 10.50's on drag radials. I belive. Dyno 640 @ wheel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.