Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting the install party this weekend. Any tips from you Roe experts, 1Tony1, Macedo, Tator, Roe.....? /images/graemlins/smiles

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V10 MOJO said:
have someone with talent do it BWAAHAHAHAAAA
Easy now, I have a few blowers under my belt (no vipers though).
Cock sucker I should have known you would bust my balls! :nuts:

· Premium Member
605 Posts
Ian, if you follow Sean's instructions, you will have no problems. He put as much time into the instructions as he did the blower. Solder and heat shrink the electrical connections. Replace the injector connectors. It is very simple. Make sure you use a good ground for the additional "sensor ground" wire. I use the ground lug beside the left headlamp, just beside the support hinge spring. Some people use the valve cover bolt but it is my personal preference to use the factory ground lug. Follow factory wiring harnesses when possible. I have seen the VEC harness tied to the spark plug wires, that caused some major problems. Try to isolate the VEC connections at the back of the driver side valve cover as far away from the plug wires as possible. Be careful when you remove the metal piece from beneath the windshield, don't even get close to the glass!!!! Good luck

DW

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Change the thermostat while the intake is off. An angle air drill with a swivel at the hose connector makes pinning the crank quick and easy job. Do the injector connectors on the work bench...not after the harness is back on the car. Have fun.

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David Weaver said:
Ian, if you follow Sean's instructions, you will have no problems. He put as much time into the instructions as he did the blower. Solder and heat shrink the electrical connections. Replace the injector connectors. It is very simple. Make sure you use a good ground for the additional "sensor ground" wire. I use the ground lug beside the left headlamp, just beside the support hinge spring. Some people use the valve cover bolt but it is my personal preference to use the factory ground lug. Follow factory wiring harnesses when possible. I have seen the VEC harness tied to the spark plug wires, that caused some major problems. Try to isolate the VEC connections at the back of the driver side valve cover as far away from the plug wires as possible. Be careful when you remove the metal piece from beneath the windshield, don't even get close to the glass!!!! Good luck

DW
Thanks for the tips DW! I did get the better injector connectors from Sean. What is the additional "sensor ground" wire related too?

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1TONY1 said:
Change the thermostat while the intake is off. An angle air drill with a swivel at the hose connector makes pinning the crank quick and easy job. Do the injector connectors on the work bench...not after the harness is back on the car. Have fun.
Thanks Tony, I do have a 180 thermostat ready to go in. The angle drill sounds like a good idea, its tight down there.

· Registered
109 Posts
Simms,
I take the rack bolts out and slide the rack forward and it gives you about another 1 + inches to pin the crank...but I use a angle drill like Tony also. Watch the belt and the upper hose, they are tight. I have used the GTS-R t-stat housings and they have a different angle to them and it gives over a inch of clearance. The Roe bleeder upper hose has a slightly different shape to it and it gives more clearance also. Other than that it is a straight forward set up. Just don't get the VEC 2 box wet when you are all finished...I made the mistake of washing off a gen 1 when I was finished and it took me a hour to get it dry and make the car run right without misfiring...what a nightmare when you are trying to deliver the car.
Later,
Joe

· Registered
48 Posts
Get a fuel quick disconnect tool (Napa or any auto parts store) for taking off the fuel line and be careful not to get over zealous taking off the fuel line, if you bend the hard line you have lots more work to do. Also if you have access to a good crimping tool for the connectors for the injectors clips it will save you a lot of time. I was able to get a good Molex crimper from work.

· Banned
2,657 Posts
I don't know anything about installing a roe blower. But this trick has worked on every car I've wored on. Take your time. Don't rush it.

I can't wait to hear about it when you get it done. I wish I could be there to help out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.