Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I was there and felt that we faired pretty good. Look at my post in the last couple of days for the details. There were a couple of roe sc cars there. I believe Joe was in the finals of the street tire shootout with me and his car ran very good! He was consistantly in the low 11's every run with only 5-6 lbs of boost. His car is very impressive for what it is. On slicks and skinnies I think he ran an 10.8 @134 but I am not exactly sure.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
I know of at least 4 that ran :

Utahviper 10.5 lbs of boost, won sreet tire shoot out 11. 0? OR 11.1 @142 OR 143MPH, Utahviper ran a 10.1 with Tony Armour behind the wheel at 143 0r 147mph

Texas man (forgot his name) running on 7 lbs of boost, ran numerous 11.1 and 11.2 on pilots not sure of his ET's times

Fuelman 5 lbs of boost on a creampuff, ran a 11.08?? with BFG

Cudaman ran 11.2 on pilots (no traction spinning 1st and 2nd gears)at 137mph.
No times on ET's..... new tranny broke on the street driving 60 mph, then replaced it with the help of Macedo and Hennessey, did a burn out on ET's , stagged and started to launch on my first pass then broke HD 1/2 shaft.....tried all day Sunday to fix, but could not(broke 2 bolts off in diff yoke)It was a REAL mother fucker to drive that far and have that much BAD luck!!!!

....my day is coming....hopefully soon!

Cudaman :flag:

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cudaman, that's a tough string of luck. Did just the bolts let go on your HD 1/2 shaft or did you twist the shaft also? How many pounds of boost are you running?

Utah, How are you running 10.5 lbs. of boost?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cudaman, it is not about luck good or bad, your engine and your supercharger have never given you a problem, it is just all the other Mexican, I mean Dodge parts that can't cut the mustard of 800 ft lbs of torque at 2500 rpm. Anyway you kicked my ass 8 to 9 times on I-10 with our runs from 2nd gear to 150 mph. Nothing like laying down 60 feet of rubber in 3rd gear at 80 mph. V-10 nationals in Florida will be your day to shine.

·
4,287 Posts
WUPASP...snapped universal at both caps and then broke 1 bolts in each strap of diff yoke.

Fuelman.....LOL.... you are so right....the motor and and S/C are mean tough beasts. It was the most fun of the trip for me, was those runs along I-10, it was running so STRONG.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
The Silver car with Utah in the finals was a Roe car. 7Lbs of boost, stock headers, stock rockers. He got a 10.7 out of it on ET streets. I drove Lady Nightstalkers and got an 11.7 on Pilots with a sucky 2.2 60 foot.

DW

·
Registered
806 Posts
I ran a 10.91 @143MPh and a 10.89 @142.9 MPH on street tires. I think I was the only car in the 10's with street tires.On slicks with 1tony1 driving 10.43, 10.26, 10.28,10.11 with MPH between 141-145.

I picked up 1 lbs of boost from the methanol injection and 1 lb of boost from the good (sea level) air.

I have another pulley that should run at about 14lbs of boost at sea level. Look out! 150+ mph in the traps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cudaman, sorry about all the bad luck but it was good meeting you along with the rest of the Viper folks. In the street tire shootout I was running 11.1's, 11.2's with 7lbs of boost. Sunday I got a 11.07 on street tires and a 10.78 on the ET's. I was having problems launching to the ET's potential. My mph was anywhere from 131 to 134. The ROE ran great and I am very pleased with the set up. Headers and rockers should be here next week which should help some. All in all a great weekend. Can not wait to do it again! /images/graemlins/thumbs2

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
ROE cars did very well!

It is impressive to see these cars run the way they do.

UtahViper and Cudaman have the fastest to date. Both are very impressive.
1tony1 has a strong set-up i cannot wait to see his at full performance.

·
4,287 Posts
Joe K...you ran some killer times, also the times were very consistent. That is really amazing with only having the S/C on for 2 weeks . Hopefully you are coming to Florida.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts