Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a 5lbs roe blower to my 1998 rt/10. I love it on the street, but I have a few questions for the roe guys regarding road course racing:

Is it still practical to attend track days with the blower or will it over heat/ over stress the engine? How about if I upgrade to the 8lbs?

Anyone have any first hand experience road racing a roe blower on a hot day with 5 or 8 lbs?

I am eager to get to some track days, but I don’t want to mess up a car that runs with no problems.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

PS How do I get started in NY? I looked on the viper days site, but I didn’t see much for NY area?

· Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
You should have no problem with the blower (certainly at 5-6 lbs.). You WILL have a problem with brakes, not so much because of the blower, but due to the increased speed the oe brake fade will likely come on that much earlier.

· Mother Fucker
1,927 Posts
LIVIPER said:
I just added a 5lbs roe blower to my 1998 rt/10. I love it on the street, but I have a few questions for the roe guys regarding road course racing:

Is it still practical to attend track days with the blower or will it over heat/ over stress the engine? How about if I upgrade to the 8lbs?

Anyone have any first hand experience road racing a roe blower on a hot day with 5 or 8 lbs?

I am eager to get to some track days, but I don’t want to mess up a car that runs with no problems.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

PS How do I get started in NY? I looked on the viper days site, but I didn’t see much for NY area?
I've raced one viper with a Roe blower @ watkings Glenn and over heating was not an issue, but cracked rotors were /images/graemlins/laughing.gif You can start racing with groups like http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/ , http://www.tracquest.com . I highly recomend Trackquest as you will get the most track time for your $$$. Good luck and have fun /images/graemlins/smiles

· Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts
I have run mine on the Sebring 3.9 mile road course, got up to 150 & 155mph on back straight away. The only heating issues I had was, my brakes.....If you road course there is no need to bring rmps excessive high..... you best power is made low and mid range..... bring rpms up high sounds neat ...but is unnecessary and cause extra wear on the car plus does not develop any extra horse for the road course with the Roe S/C.
My best suggestion is Good tires : Kumhos or Hoosiers and GOOD BRAKES.

Cudaman:flag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.