Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still in process of finding my own, got a ride in one that's for sale today. It had cam/headers and I must say was definitely the fastest vehicle I have ever been in (I own a C5, which felt like a Camry/V6 in comparison) The guy selling it does not know its history (other than he bought it as a salvage title and replaced front fascia, and some other parts), and so didn't know what type cam it has, but you can hear it at idle (and feel it at WOT /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif). The headers were Edelbrock. Some kind of special exhaust, as well, I'm pretty sure.
One more thing: the rear bumper fascia/cover was strange - no "Dodge" on the left and no "Viper RT10" on the right? Anyone knows how that could be? I assume since the car was salvaged it's a non-factory bumper, but I'm surprised one could be made to fit that doesn't even have the logo inset? Weird.
Anyway, an incredibly fast car - too bad it had been wrecked before. I'm getting closer to my Viper, but I don't think this one is it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Those emblems are adhered with two sided tape. I am not aware of any aftermarket/factory replica bumpers. Whoever repaired it, probably did not want the emblems on or did not want to spend the money to order new ones.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The logo is not molded into the plastic, but just simply plastic letters that stick on.
I took mine off and changed them to silver. Some guys just choose to leave them off as they like a clean look on their car.

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
You guys are gonna hate me (more than you already may), but Bonkers over at the Viperclub.org keeps a history of all the cars that he can find; maybe this one is in his database.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Just have a question, I thought the logos were kind of embossed in the vinyl itself? I'll try to post a pix from an Ebay ad for a 98 RT/10 for sale. If the logos are available and are just stick on, then I guess they could be added.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Your attachement is just a Red X.

In any case, yes, these emblems can be ordered from any Dodge dealer and can be added easily. Don't let that hold you back from making a decision on the car. Obviously there are many other factors to consider. Without knowing the complete history, the previous owner may have just elected to remove them. Or, in case of any paint work, just elected not to put new ones on by personal preference.

Good luck in your quest!! Viper are awesome!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are gonna hate me (more than you already may), but Bonkers over at the Viperclub.org keeps a history of all the cars that he can find; maybe this one is in his database.
Do you have his email address? I'm not registered over there yet.
Thanks, I'd like to find out about this car, if possible. :nod: Never mind, I found his email over there and sent him a message - thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts