Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DEETOO
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on my Mahle H series rod bearings. Some are better than others. The measured clearance is even all the way across, just the bearing halves are offset a bit they do not run into either chamfer. Anyone have seen this issue? Is it even an issue?
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Tread

·
DEETOO
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tang placement on the bearings is correct to mahle specs, however with the halves lined up the distance to the outside of the tangs is .550 the distance to the outside of the slots on the rod are .650. These are K1 rods, I don’t have any stock rods to measure. I’m going to try a set of p series as those halves are the same and should fit.

·
DEETOO
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are new rod bearings, they may look twisted because of the angle of the pic, they are not. The color is from the plating process.

·
DEETOO
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update, K1 rods use the older small block style bearings CB-481 series and not the stock CB-1808 series. There are actually more bearing options in the older series (coated etc. ) I will update when the new bearings come in.

·
DEETOO
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, confirmation on the bearing fitment for K1 rods. Finally received my CB-481HXN (X= .001 extra oil clearance, I needed it). These are the older LA engine and pre 2003 bearings. It would be nice if K1 put that info on their website to save people some headaches. I can’t wait to find out the next issue!!
Automotive tire Wheel Tread Alloy wheel Rim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts