Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I did some research on Roller Rockers and am wanting some opinion. I know this subject has been discussed about before, but it seems as tho the info is sorta outdated.

I know that the Mopar's are the same as the T&D but just different color. I have also heard that Arrows are really good.

I will be getting a Roe S/C (when available) and B&B Tri-Y headers to finish the package. I already have corsas and highflow cats.

I was told not to buy TB until I get the CFM down. So I decided to get rockers instead.

Any suggestions as to which ones are good and where I can get a set? Also, I know I need pushrods.

Any information helps. I am just trying to get all my ducks ready for the S/C.

/images/graemlins/drive

FYI: I live across the Ocean and my friend is gonna help me install the S/C, he is a very cool and knowledgable guy with a Roe S/C now. So any tech info I can get is also very beneficial.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would stick to the T&D's or step up to the new Jesel set up...stronger and lighter, but more money. I have installed countless T&D's and never had one problem. Just check your height and contact pattern, I have used the small shims, the large shims, no shims, stock and 7.700 push rods...for some reason they are different from car to car.
Joe

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have avoided them all this time because they sound like a pain in the ass to install. It seems that no car is alike, so how the fuck do I know when I have them right?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Big -

I'm having Page install a set of T&Ds at 21st in the next week or two - I'll let ya know how it goes and price but he's had them on 3 of his personal Vipers...they know what they're doing so no worries there.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Arrows are fine now. I am turning them to 6500 rpm. Not as stout as t&d's but t&d's geometry is not right without milling the rocker stands. Check out the new Jesel rockers.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Arrows are fine now. I am turning them to 6500 rpm. Not as stout as t&d's but t&d's geometry is not right without milling the rocker stands. Check out the new Jesel rockers.
I have heard the same from Sean Roe as well as others. I'm going to try the Jesel rockers.

·
Premium Member
19,230 Posts
simms said:
1TONY1 said:
I have heard the same from Sean Roe as well as others. I'm going to try the Jesel rockers.
But I have a set of Mopars for sale(T&D's) for $850! Don't think there is a better deal going on these :thumb:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
96 R/T 10 said:
simms said:
1TONY1 said:
But I have a set of Mopars for sale(T&D's) for $850! Don't think there is a better deal going on these :thumb:
Great deal, but I am a little worried about the need to mill stands to get the T&D's to fit.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
From what I keep hearing, Jesel Mohawk RR's all the way. they apparently put T&D's and Arrows in their place below them...

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
BigCarrot said:
Where do you get the Jesels, and how much are they?
Roe Racing, 1400 range.

·
Premium Member
19,230 Posts
simms said:
96 R/T 10 said:
simms said:
1TONY1 said:
Great deal, but I am a little worried about the need to mill stands to get the T&D's to fit.
Not completely true. They have shims that are used, I haven't heard of anybody milling. Talk to Larry Macedo, he has done several and he will be doing mine.

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
sean installed Jesel rockers in my FE i believe it was the first Viper with jesel rockers (a guess) they are lighter and stronger pic's first one (T&D):

[image]http://mbnviper.jeeran.com/images/TdVsJs1.jpg[/image]

--------------------
02 FE GTS ROE S/C 903 RWHP & 1090 RWTQ
01 yellow GTS ROE S/C 590 RWHP & 610 RWTQ (5 psi,B&B Headers & Exhaust(no cats), 70 TB'(thats all) And soon 1.7 Rockers,Comp Cam, Hello 600 RWHP+

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Some cars like mine have to have the stands milled and some don't. Your tech will measure them first. Not all heads are the same. About 20% need to come off and go to the machine shop. Foe some reason the stands are higher on about 2 out of 10 cars. This is for T&D rockers , I don't know about the others.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I am running the Mopars/T&D's and they don't line up perfectly without milling the stands. However, there are so many out there running that haven't had problems, so I think my chances are relatively good with them /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif: I spent countless hours trying to get the geometry perfect since it is my vavletrain, but it just doesn't happen and it is something one has to accept using T&D's, but again I have yet to hear of a serious incident with them.

Crowers are the ones some people have had serious problems with, but then again some haven't had any problems with them.

They aren't difficult to install and setup, it just takes a little time and patience.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Before we dethrone T&D's think about this. One of the issues with aluminum rockers is the amount of flex. The Jessels's being lighter and aluminum are not necessarily good (maybe not bad either). Since high rpm's is not an issue with the viper, there should be little if no advantage (lighter) to the Jessels. On the other hand if the there is flex in the Jessel or if the structural moment of inertia is significantly less (which it appears to be), then, they are not better. There doesn't appear to be any failures of properly installed T&D's, that is a testimonial.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts