Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a rock chip in one of my hood stripes. What would be the best way to fix it? I was thinking have the stripe removed and a new one put on. Is this possible? Where would be the best place to get this done. Would it match ok? Car only has 3500 miles on it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Take it to a body shop and have them touch up the spot for you. You dont need to re-do the entire stripe because of one rock chip.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
tito said:
Take it to a body shop and have them touch up the spot for you. You dont need to re-do the entire stripe because of one rock chip.
Could not agree more!!!!!
Chad

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
The stripes are NOT vinyl - so you can't have them removed... (unless you want to sand your entire hood...) I know they feel like they are applied, but that are actually paint.....

It's a flat white paint - easy to blend. A good body shop can hook you up.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JT said:
The stripes are NOT vinyl - so you can't have them removed... (unless you want to sand your entire hood...) I know they feel like they are applied, but that are actually paint.....

It's a flat white paint - easy to blend. A good body shop can hook you up.
Thanks that is actually news to me. All the talk on here about guys (and ladies) putting stripes on their cars I just assumed they were applied. Hmmm, there you go, learn something new everday. Thanks Janni now I have to find a body shop I trust with my baby, what a nightmare this will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.