Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I just sold my GTS, I am looking into what I am going to do next. I have been getting an itch to road race. I have seen a number of preped cars, but not looked at them in detail.

I have seen a few racecars going for mid $40k and was curious to the extent they are changed. I realize that the interior is yanked, A/C, brakes changed, wheels/tires, exhaust, rollbar, etc.

I am trying to figure out if I want a full blown racecar or something I can do the street and wheel to wheel.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that car and that is what got me thinking. I also know that I would want to drive it on the street sometimes, so that is why I am trying to figure out what I want to do. I already have the trailer, truck, etc. and I did most of the work on my last one.

There is an ex-speedvision viper forsale in New Orleans for about $45k. I was thinking of it as well. Half the fun for me having a Viper is getting to toy with people on the street. Maybe I can throw some lights and a plate on it and it will be "street legal"

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about the spec Miata as well, mainly because of the price. I have not yet roadraced in a competive situation, but I have spent a lot of time on various tracks with different cars.

I am looking more for running in the local events, Texas World Speedway and No Problem raceway. Who knows where I will go after doing that.

As for doing the work on the car, I will do all that. I think there are cheaper ways to run then Viper days. It sounds fun though.

Like I said, I am trying to figure out what I want to do.

I have a feeling it is not "if" I tear up a car, it is "when". That is the only reason I wouldn't run my old GTS. The repairs would have been extreme.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.