Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just recently completed the RMS Twin Turbo SRT10 Kit and thought I would share some of the results and information here. 505ci(stock), Forged pistons and Rods, RMS Heads and Turbo Cam, Fuel System, RMS FMIC, etc. Here is a link to the dyno charts in case people want to take a look. Look for a another RMS SRT10 TT out soon, but this time with a little more cubes:)

http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/current_projects.htm

Enjoy. Thanks!

Scot H.
RMS

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
Nice , you guys must be new in the Viper tuner world! Come to the v-10 nationals and run that bad boy! Got any 1/4 mile times? Do you turbo gen.II cars?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Scott, to make the power you guys did on the first car you did is phenomenal! Great job! I believe you have built the most powerful twin turbo SRT yet!

I remember finding Scott's website a while back when I was researching suitable single turbo applications. I called him and wanted to see how much power he was making but he was not quite done yet. Well I guess he is now...

The thing I liked was Scott told me everything I wanted to know like what kind of turbos/AR/trim, the size of his intercoolers, fuel management/etc... He is definitely not a top secret douche like some tuners out there. This just goes to show that there is no magic in any of the high performance applications besides good designs based on proper fundamentals executed in a professional and meticulous manner for, of course, a fair price.

Well, it looks like there is another possible option out there to get some quality work done...

==>There is another twin turbo Viper out there that is getting closer to completion from another new tuner... Yes, that would be me! The big boys had better watch out, the new guys are climbing the mountain...They still have certain things to learn, but what a fun and exciting world of possibilities this next year will bring.

==> Anybody breaking my balls for this sentimental shit will get a prompt kick in the cuntashe the next time I get on the CPU :rofl:!

Congrats again Scott, Great job!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paolo Castellano said:
Scott, to make the power you guys did on the first car you did is phenomenal! Great job! I believe you have built the most powerful twin turbo SRT yet!

I remember finding Scott's website a while back when I was researching suitable single turbo applications. I called him and wanted to see how much power he was making but he was not quite done yet. Well I guess he is now...

The thing I liked was Scott told me everything I wanted to know like what kind of turbos/AR/trim, the size of his intercoolers, fuel management/etc... He is definitely not a top secret douche like some tuners out there. This just goes to show that there is no magic in any of the high performance applications besides good designs based on proper fundamentals executed in a professional and meticulous manner for, of course, a fair price.

Well, it looks like there is another possible option out there to get some quality work done...

==>There is another twin turbo Viper out there that is getting closer to completion from another new tuner... Yes, that would be me! The big boys had better watch out, the new guys are climbing the mountain...They still have certain things to learn, but what a fun and exciting world of possibilities this next year will bring.

==> Anybody breaking my balls for this sentimental shit will get a prompt kick in the cuntashe the next time I get on the CPU :rofl:!

Congrats again Scott, Great job!

Thanks for the good words Paolo!!! Good luck with that beast as well! Talk to ya soon.

Scot H.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Paolo, you're almost correct in your assessment, Scot (spelled with one T) is actually a douche bag, he just decided to share his turbo specs with you! /images/graemlins/smiles I taught that boy everything he knows! /images/graemlins/smiles Hey Scot, it's been a while, congrats on the car, great power and a great package! Now bring that snake to TX2K5 so we can line up... /images/graemlins/toothy
Peter <---- your boy from back in the day that you forgot about!
p.s. I remember back in the late 90's how excited you were to beat your first GTS on the street (I think it was in front of your house on Fondren, no???). LOL

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
1250rwtq! In that first graph - 1000rwhp from 4200rpm to 5000rpm! wow

How much boost and what octane?

Shifted at 5000rpm that engine should live for YEARS.

Scot is the power drop off over 5000rpm due to the turbo cam or conservative tuning up top? The standard cam would enable the engine to build power through to 6000rpm on a big turbo, probably 5500-5800rpm on the usual sized ones used.... just curious (not that it needs to rpm any higher /images/graemlins/laughing.gif)

Great results Scot no matter how many cars you'd put together - but as a first attempt - that is throwing down the gauntlet and RMS just earned itself big time attention from the boosted fans around here!

I like your twin intercoolers on the SRT10, I was thinking 6 months ago that was the way to go when I learned how tight it was up in there for a single big one... plus it gives you the advantage of being able to run twin pipes straight off the tops (one for each bank) into each throttle body. Nice to see I wasn't the only one thinking that - and esp. you went out and did it!

congrats Scot on a nice car - :thumb:

for those that don't know - the SRT10 will not support the same sized front intercooler as a Gen 2 car without major cutting/moving.... consequently the RMS idea to run a twin system is a great solution both functionally and asthetically. It will take away the power advantage the Gen 2 had as a TT car (tuning options aside).

When someone cracks the AEM into an SRT10 and runs enough intercooling - I predict the (unstroked) Gen 2 car is going to get spanked (other things being equal) because the gen 3 engine is bigger and the intake runners are straighter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
houstonT said:
Paolo, you're almost correct in your assessment, Scot (spelled with one T) is actually a douche bag, he just decided to share his turbo specs with you! /images/graemlins/smiles I taught that boy everything he knows! /images/graemlins/smiles Hey Scot, it's been a while, congrats on the car, great power and a great package! Now bring that snake to TX2K5 so we can line up... /images/graemlins/toothy
p.s. I remember back in the late 90's how excited you were to beat your first GTS on the street (I think it was in front of your house on Fondren, no???). LOL
Petesky
you crazy biatch! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
What's up! I emailed you awhile back...you probably deleted it HATER!

Call me and I'll school you on making power
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Torquemonster said:
1250rwtq! In that first graph - 1000rwhp from 4200rpm to 5000rpm! wow

How much boost and what octane?

Shifted at 5000rpm that engine should live for YEARS.

Scot is the power drop off over 5000rpm due to the turbo cam or conservative tuning up top? The standard cam would enable the engine to build power through to 6000rpm on a big turbo, probably 5500-5800rpm on the usual sized ones used.... just curious (not that it needs to rpm any higher /images/graemlins/laughing.gif)

Great results Scot no matter how many cars you'd put together - but as a first attempt - that is throwing down the gauntlet and RMS just earned itself big time attention from the boosted fans around here!

I like your twin intercoolers on the SRT10, I was thinking 6 months ago that was the way to go when I learned how tight it was up in there for a single big one... plus it gives you the advantage of being able to run twin pipes straight off the tops (one for each bank) into each throttle body. Nice to see I wasn't the only one thinking that - and esp. you went out and did it!

congrats Scot on a nice car - :thumb:

for those that don't know - the SRT10 will not support the same sized front intercooler as a Gen 2 car without major cutting/moving.... consequently the RMS idea to run a twin system is a great solution both functionally and asthetically. It will take away the power advantage the Gen 2 had as a TT car (tuning options aside).

When someone cracks the AEM into an SRT10 and runs enough intercooling - I predict the (unstroked) Gen 2 car is going to get spanked (other things being equal) because the gen 3 engine is bigger and the intake runners are straighter.
Thanks!!!!

I dont think we would have made any more peak hp with more RPM, but the reason for no rpm's above 5200 is that the VEC2/PCM combo was causing an ignition cut. So we did not get the entire rpm range to tune. Supposedly this is a known issue..but we didn't KNOW until we started tuning /images/graemlins/sad Once available, we will be putting in the AEM EMS.

Our cam should be good to 6250 atleast. On the bigger boost runs, we start to have a little boost drop up top, a little more gain and the curve would have been a bit more linear but with possibility of more boost spike...I wanted a real smooth boost curve delivering a smooth hp/tq curve (easier to drive) and thats what we got.
/images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, those are some damn impressive numbers. Congratulations....that's a hell of a lot of torque :nod:

I didn't know you guys did that Spyder either. I've seen tons of pictures of that from 3SI and never knew whose it was.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
the numbers are great. What Boost?
I also noticed that if you project the tq. curve after 5k rpms assuming it keeps the same slope and it does not drop off more drastically, at 5400 rpms the TQ would be 900 ft-lbs. This equals to 925 rwhp, which is 100 rwhp off the peak.
I think a set up making less peak HP, but reving to 6k rpms would be faster. Again, no flames, just an observation from someone that looks beyond peak numbers.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
beautiful work. incredible numbers. and i think, the best price yet for that kinda setup. arent most TT in the mid to high thirties?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
houstonT said:

Peter, you are a funny man! Have you had any offers on the Supra yet? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Poalo, you nailed it! The old "big name" tunners are going to have to do some bigger better cheaper turbo set-ups to stay in business.

Did a little reading. The car runs 18psi of boost.

So said RMS: "There is only one other one other car like this currently (meaning GEN III Viper) and it's made by Hennessey for twice as much, plus he sells your OEM parts on the market (bastard). He's not putting out nearly this much power (can't run as high of boost), however he did get the drag slicks on his car. At any rate, he's the guy I'm aimed at taking out."

What can I say...I love this guy already. He didn't see RSi's car but...then again...I don't think he's looking at playing arould. It seems as if RMS is out to kill HMS. This is great. /images/graemlins/jerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tanked said:
Poalo, you nailed it! The old "big name" tunners are going to have to do some bigger better cheaper turbo set-ups to stay in business.

Did a little reading. The car runs 18psi of boost.

So said RMS: "There is only one other one other car like this currently (meaning GEN III Viper) and it's made by Hennessey for twice as much, plus he sells your OEM parts on the market (bastard). He's not putting out nearly this much power (can't run as high of boost), however he did get the drag slicks on his car. At any rate, he's the guy I'm aimed at taking out."

What can I say...I love this guy already. He didn't see RSi's car but...then again...I don't think he's looking at playing arould. It seems as if RMS is out to kill HMS. This is great. /images/graemlins/jerry
WOW..I don't EVER racall saying that bullshit. But I will say you sound like a tool. John's TT cars are awesome and after all he started it all.

Thanks John!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.