Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the way I sold my viper in June. As I told the owner, most people that buy these cars wreck them in the first 6 months or 500 miles. Well, it was wrecked yesterday. Thanks god nobody was hurt. The good side of it is, I may be able to buy it back cheap and turn it into what I wanted to from the begining. Maybe it will be one of those 4 digit HP kinda car.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/475DSC03425-med.JPG[/image]

Okay, I am done making fun of my buddies misfortune. Is anyone near Danbury, CT that has a good idea of what is involved in repairing a Viper? The car is the in a towing lot and I would like to find out more about it.

I do know the air bags deployed, hood is slightly damaged, and the fascia is toast.

Anyone want to help me out?

Chip

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unfortunetly I am the owner of this car. /images/graemlins/bawling If anyone has questions on damage or where it is etc I'll be able to provide any info you would like. Also if anyone has any tips as to how to proceed with my insurance company. Let me know.

FYI- I did hit one car in the back out of a 2 car accident that was on the left lane. Apparently one clipped the other. One hit the wall on the left the other hit the car. This was on Route 84 near exit 2 in Conn. Prior to that, everyone on the highway was doing about 60 tops because of the Thanksgiving traffic. A mini van was in front of me but I was still able to see heavy braking in the other 2 lanes so I decided to brake as well, just in time too because that's when the minivan braked hard. Then the minivan dodged right and I saw the aftermath of a 2 car collision that was at a dead stop. I tried to dodge right as well but there was a car blocking me in and I hit the one car with the left front of my car. The police officer (rude dickhead) on the spot told me it was my fault for hitting that car because "I didn't keep proper distance." I almost flipped out. I AM going to fight the $93 ticket that apparently everyone involved in the 3 car accident got for "not keeping proper distance." Obviously I don't think this was my fault. The question is will my insurance company feel the same way as the cop, or will they side with me? Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
not to rub salt in a wound but any time you hit a car from behind its pretty much a given that it is your fault...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I'll miss that car chip.....how's houston? we're missing you in cajun country

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I come back to the cajun country about once a month. Next time I come, we will have to have a rematch with the Z06. Maybe you can win this time /images/graemlins/smiles

Anyone in the CT area that can look at the car for me?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Chip said:
I come back to the cajun country about once a month. Next time I come, we will have to have a rematch with the Z06. Maybe you can win this time /images/graemlins/smiles

Anyone in the CT area that can look at the car for me?
rematch with the z06? huh? you have a z06? as far as winning...your silver car wouldn't stand a chance against the yellow beast now..heheheh
Nothing like a force fed car. It's crazy, I pass myfriend's stock viper like he's in a civic.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, I was just giving you a hard time. I can feel a huge difference in the Z06 (slower) then the Viper. Maybe I will have a little something for you soon.....IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE TO LOOK AT THE SILVER CAR!!!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Chip said:
I know, I was just giving you a hard time. I can feel a huge difference in the Z06 (slower) then the Viper. Maybe I will have a little something for you soon.....IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE TO LOOK AT THE SILVER CAR!!!
what year is your z chip cuz I'd like to race it off the bottle to see how I fare against it, seriously..

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 2002 stock Z. Nothing done to it at all. I have no idea what it will do, but it is fun to drive. I will look you up when I bring it over to NO.

Sidenote - I have another guy that can paint the fascia in Slidell. Clayton had a yellow GTS painted a few weeks ago and it came out great. Let me know if you want the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.