Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, as some of you know, some time back, I was road coursing on my 19 inch Purners. They were brand new, and it about killed me (not literally) when I went off track with them, sideways, into gravel, scuffing, craping and dinging the crap out of them. I had chunks of rock wedged inbetween my tires and the rim, which I couldn't get out until later with a screw driver.

Anyway, a set of brand new purners were ruined. Well, last week I had a guy named Brian from United Wheel Techs come out. I used him after Yellow Fever used him for one of his wheels. The guy came out to my house and did all the work there in front of my garage. He fixed all of my wheels and made them look nearly brand new again. It cost me $95 per wheel for the two heavily scraped up wheels, and $50 for another wheel that had minor scuffs. These wheels were BAD! They were at a point where I was going to fully chrome them or sell them cheap and get some other wheels.

I wanted to post this for those of you in Southern California who may have some curb rash or some kind of damage you just hate. For $95, it is well worth it.

Oh, he came out today and detailed my car (washed, clayed, waxed), got rid of 95% of my scratches, touched up what scratches he couldn't get rid of, and painted the silver areas of my side splitters that I wanted all black. The car looks beautiful, and his prices are great. Brian can be reached at 909-551-2175 and lives in Temecula. Just let him know you you heard it from me so you get the same rate (his retail rates are a tad bit higher -- $30 more per wheel he said.)

Here are some photos of the car right after he finished it.

Manny

[image]http://www.gigatechsoftware.com/cars/detailed1.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.gigatechsoftware.com/cars/detailed2.JPG[/image]

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, before they are all scuffed to crap, and after they look new! /images/graemlins/smiles Actaully, the guy took some before pics, and he is supposed to email em to me. I forgot to take pics of the before.

-M

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Future Owner said:
Manny, why'd you take your front splitter off? Is there any noticable difference in high speed stability?
It has been removed so that it could be carbon fibered and shortened a bit (the old one stuck out too far in my opinion, making it hard to drive normal streets with.)

I have not gotten the car past 140 MPH without the front splitter, so no real high speed runs with it. I went 180+ with the old splitter on and the car felt SUPER stable -- I simply let off because I pussed out and didn't want tire failure or rear wing/front splitter failure from going 200+ MPH. 10 years ago, I would have redlined that bad boy in 5th gear to see how fast I could get it... but not today.

-M

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to go out and video tape some footage of my tach and boost guage -- it's crazy how fast the needles move on these things when under WOT. The speedo itselt looks like a tach!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts