Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do those things cost?? im thinking of buying one? where do i go? is a cdl license required to drive them??

· STALKED
4,470 Posts
toter home - full boogie with nice trailer - around $275K new.

CDL not required to drive your own stuff, but should have a license that is authorized to pull something that heavy. In NC, it's called a Class A Classified - basically a non-CDL that allows you to drive something that weighs over 26,000 pounds or tow something over 10,000 pounds.

Other manufacturers other than Renegade.

Contact Golden Gait Trailers (www.goldengait.com) for new and used. They can build / order anything you want, have a large selection of used toters, and are knowlegable and fair. They are largest Featherlite dealer on East Coast - sell tons of race rigs.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought they were around 100-150K, fuck 250K, ill stick with my enclosed or open trailer for now!!

· Registered
1,195 Posts
I talked to the RSI guys (since they own one) and they said if you license it properly (i.e., recreational vehicle or similar), you don't need a CDL or have to stop at weigh stations. In Maryland where I live, a CDL is required based on how much the vehicle weighs and not how it is used (commercial vs private). I suspect this is true in most states.

Janni's right about the cost--$250K+ but I see a lot of them on the road and have to believe you can get a used one for considerably less. I'm sure there are a lot of guys that buy these have every intention of using them for a long time, but lose interest in racing or whatever (just like any other trailer combo). Look at the classifieds on racingjunk.com and you'll find a few. Here's a 2000 model with 36000 miles listed for $114K.

http://www.racingjunk.com/vc/273412/null.html

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i thought they were around 100-150K, fuck 250K, ill stick with my enclosed or open trailer for now!!
Buy a copy of National Dragster, there are mint ones in there all the time for sale at very good prices. These are from guys upgrading and also from guys who can't afford to race with all the goodies. Their mistake can be your benefit. :nod:

If you can't find a copy I can send you the pages of ads from a few issues if you like.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx for the info fellas. now all i gotta do is find a good painter to REPAINT it BLACK (something baout something being named renegade yet white colored, LOL) and to put a nice logo on the back (the exploited screaming skull, LOL)

· Registered
3,847 Posts
If you buy a renegade your ass is hauling my car too!lol

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Rich

Give me a call I know alot about these things

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/3027/174DSC_0257-med.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/3027/174DSC_0235-med.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/3027/174DSC_0235-med.JPG[/image]

502-376-1484

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thnx dave. im gonna do some homework here and find exactly what im looking for. didnt realize how trick they can be, one can belike a big kid with this stuff. in ohio 26,500lbs is cutoff weight limit i think for CDL so at least i got that info so far.

if you dont mind me asking, what yr and cost was yours ; PM me if you want

· Registered
12,072 Posts
The exploited Rule!!

Favorite tune is the title to the tune Sex and Violence. The title is also the only lyrics to the song too! Not too creative...:lolcry:

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JGK95; i figured the logo might be a bit much for some so im gonna keep it small LOL

Ive been searching the website recommended and ive sent out a few email inquiries. seems to get what i want im gonna e out a good dime so if thats the case im gonna get exactly what i want. i was thinking about a custom paint job; viper silver.

· Registered
259 Posts
Rich make sure you get a tandem axle unit. States are cracking down on axles weights on these. Many single axle units are overloaded with only the trailer (stacker) hooked up. Tandems will increase resale as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.