Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access and 3 of 4 connections are loose. How does the convolute vapor hose come off? Do I just pry it loose at ambient with a small screwdriver, or soften it very gently and carefully with a heat gun on low and just work it loose?

Attachments

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,566 Posts
Service manual photo attached indicates a basic hose attachment/nipple? Hose just hard to pull off due to years of deepthroating.

Pull and pray.

I have it on good authority from a man with a brain tumor that it should just "come off."

Attachments

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think it's a vapor vent line that ties back into the fuel filler neck.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
GOD MAN DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!!! Too many vapors and the glowing heating element is a fine source of ignition. DO NOT DO IT!!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a BITCH, but I got it loose.

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
GOD MAN DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!!! Too many vapors and the glowing heating element is a fine source of ignition. DO NOT DO IT!!
What are you talking about?! I use a torch on almost everything that stubborn. They always come apart after a little heat.................................

:lolcry: :lolcry:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Sort of funny....but when I had my little blower explosion and engine fire in Jan, I was scrambling for something to extinguish the flames with....since I was out of water in my drinking bottle. I remembered I had this 3 gallon W/M reservoir in the trunk so I spun the lid off it, dumped a shop towel in it, and threw it on the flames....whoooffff...big blue flame came out as the methanol burned off. I guess -20 washer fluid does burn...for a bit at least. THe methanol burned off pretty quick leaving the water to quench things (thankfully).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts