Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viper has been in this race car shop for over 2 years and I just couldn't take any more so I went and got it back.

I just got done putting the interior back in it, however, putting the Hennessey front fascia (fiberglass) is a mystery.

I thought I could simply spread it and slip it over the radiator support/inner fender, but before I can get close, it is clear that forcing it will damage the fiberglass.

The other thing that looks probable is that the replacement bumper, I think, is kept attached to the fascia and removed/installed with it. (Currently, they took the fascia off the bumper with the bumper being still installed.)

It would be great if someone who has installed this fascia could respond and tell me the steps.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
You need to trim the car's wheel wells so the plastic is too the rivits. Then loosen both front headlights so they be lifted up to allow for the facia to go on. Then carefully pull it over the wheel wells. It is tough but will fit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

How do you tighten up the headlights once the fascia is on? I can reach the 3 front headlight nuts thru the fog light holes, but the rear nut is impossible.

Of course, then the fog lights have to be installed working thru the plug in the wheel well.

Is that how you do it?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
? I did not have to loosen the headlamps. The facia should slide on right under them. The hard part is getting it around the wheel opening as it is tight and the fiberglass facia does not bend like the urethane OEM one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm back in PA how, and if the headlights were not there, you could let the top of the fascia flange draw inward as you snapped the other end over. However, how you tighten the 4 headlight studs while the fascia is on is a Houdini.

I was thinking that when I'm reinforcing this fascia where gel coat was cracked, maybe I should keep it spread 1/4 to 1/2" so it will be a little too big when I put it on. If I spread it 1/2" while applying some reinforcing, I would probably be lucky to get 1/8" wider final shape. But 1/8" is a lot when snapping it on.

If I wanted to get REAL CRAZY, I could fab a new flange that simply butts on the foreward side of the radiator panel.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i've taken that front facia of lots of times...and never had to mess with the headlites...it's a pain to get it around at the side wheelwells but other than that it's jus a little to manuver...put the headlites on then the facia...if ya need more info give me a yell....Len

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, since I didn't put this fascia on, I should specifically verify that the internal "baffle" that I have is supposed to be used with the Hennessey fascia.

This baffle attached on the bottom with a bolt on the centerline that is in row with the bolts that attach the bottom of the fascia. The fascia bottom actually overlaps and covers this baffle bolt.

The each side of the baffle is held with a barb punshon to a little plastic angle bracket that is barb attached to the bottom of the frame rails.

The baffle looks like a big "tongue" that seals along the bottom fascia just below the inlets, arcs upward to the sides of the fiberglass bumper.

If this baffle was not present, installation would be easier.

Does this sound like this baffle is part of the Hennessey fascia?

Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
yep!!...thats part of the HMS facia alright...and it's a pain to get it all aligned up at once...if ya have 2 friends it's alot easier to do..but i've done it by myself...it's a pain!!...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing I did was replace the "single use" barbs with the locking/unlocking ones. Especially for the little plastic angle piece that connects the baffle to the frame rails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.