Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Redsnake\'s INSANE viper

Was up in Dallas for the weekend and I just went for a ride in Eric's Heffner 1000TT.....THAT THING IS INSANELY FAST. The car is 100% driveable. Its quiet, super smooth and the power delivery is the most damned impressive display of excessiveness in a car that you could possibly imagine. Even at 5lbs of boost the thing tosses you back in the seat and pulls hard. Flip the switch and have it hit 10lbs and HOLY SHIT it fuckin MOOOVES. All blower, NA guys, and Nitrous guys need to go for a ride in a TT....it will change your mind. 10X more streetable, and all the power you could ever want. Kinda makes me want to reconsider selling and go TT.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Re: Redsnake\'s INSANE viper

Jason, why did you feel it was 10X more streetable?

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Manny_C said:
Maybe im wrong, but I always think that many of the SC guys get defensive about the money they spent on their systems. "streetable" is a term used by car guys in a complete discretionary way. Whereas some guys think a back-halfed tubbed 1071 blown Hemi with 18 inch wide Mickey Thompson Sportsman tires is streetable because you can drive the car on the street, has headlights and tags, others may view that thing as a monstrocity. The reason his car is more streetable than a High Compression Heads Cam NA or a Supercharged car is a smoother idle, quiet acceleration, smooth power delivery, cool cockpit temperatures, etc. The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

IBintercitypickssmokinscarupandheadseast

·
Registered
12,999 Posts

Smokin said:
Manny_C said:
Maybe im wrong, but I always think that many of the SC guys get defensive about the money they spent on their systems. "streetable" is a term used by car guys in a complete discretionary way. Whereas some guys think a back-halfed tubbed 1071 blown Hemi with 18 inch wide Mickey Thompson Sportsman tires is streetable because you can drive the car on the street, has headlights and tags, others may view that thing as a monstrocity. The reason his car is more streetable than a High Compression Heads Cam NA or a Supercharged car is a smoother idle, quiet acceleration, smooth power delivery, cool cockpit temperatures, etc. The list goes on and on.
AMEN!

it seems that ANY comment saying the turbo is a better car brings extreme debate. i dont think an opinion can really be debated. the entire time Jason was in my car, he commented on how quiet, cool, and quick it was. maybe that's what he considers streetable, but i think he has a point. i said that when i wrote my comparison. i really love how quiet it is. i can carry a conversation with anybody in the car. Jason was talking to Heffner on the phone, and i nailed it. Heffner didnt know what Jason was going crazy over, he thought we were in his MB, then he was told otherwise. it is more quiet than a stock viper with corsa, and i'll take it! maybe the car is too quiet, and that may not be for everybody. when i had my blower car, i LOVED how much balls my car seemed to have. it was loud and mean as hell. now that i have a turbo, i dont know what the fuck i was thinking. the annoying whistle, the idle, the done, etc., are all those aspects i dont miss. just because I personally appreciate the stock feel of the car, doesnt mean that is what YOU should appreciate or venture to get. different strokes for different folks, and that's all....

·
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

RedSnakeGTS said:
Smokin said:
Manny_C said:
AMEN!

it seems that ANY comment saying the turbo is a better car brings extreme debate. i dont think an opinion can really be debated. the entire time Jason was in my car, he commented on how quiet, cool, and quick it was. maybe that's what he considers streetable, but i think he has a point. i said that when i wrote my comparison. i really love how quiet it is. i can carry a conversation with anybody in the car. Jason was talking to Heffner on the phone, and i nailed it. Heffner didnt know what Jason was going crazy over, he thought we were in his MB, then he was told otherwise. it is more quiet than a stock viper with corsa, and i'll take it! maybe the car is too quiet, and that may not be for everybody. when i had my blower car, i LOVED how much balls my car seemed to have. it was loud and mean as hell. now that i have a turbo, i dont know what the fuck i was thinking. the annoying whistle, the idle, the done, etc., are all those aspects i dont miss. just because I personally appreciate the stock feel of the car, doesnt mean that is what YOU should appreciate or venture to get. different strokes for different folks, and that's all....
Thing is, Redsnake's car is quiet...but not so quiet that it doenst "growl" anymore or have the sound any "hot rod" or good "muscle car" should have. Its just not annoying. You dont have to worry about putting the clutch pedal in and idling by a cop when youre out having fun. Nor do you have to send your car back to have four more mufflers added to keep the neighbors from having a lynching mob. Now there is nothing wrong with the blower cars they are fast and mean, but the turbo cars are faster (yeah keep up wiht the stupid SC arguments :rolleyes:) and more driveable...period.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

S/C = old and busted

Turbo = new hotness

·
Registered
4,773 Posts

Only people I consitantly see slamming S/C systems with comments, etc
are ...drumroll please..... turbo guys, mainly a few people not to mention names....

I don't think you'll ever see a S/C guy say the things you say or have said or will say. We get defensive when you say stupid shit like you just said.
But for every other S/C guy on this forum, we'll just keep quiet because if we say anything you crrrry. /images/graemlins/bawling

There is nothing I have just said that isn't true.

That is all

Your car sounds like an animal Eric. I hope you get years of enjoyment out of it!

Gerald

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

When I wanted to quiet my car down, people called me a pussy -- "your car is supposed to be loud, it is a VIPER!" Eric, you now see why it is so nice to have a quiet car until you step on it.

By the way, I wasn't getting defensive (not even sure it was directed at me) -- I was just curious why it felt 10X more streetable. I agree they are more quiet -- WAY more quiet. Smoother power... well, I dunno about that. I can drive mine nice and smooth and usually do. Nicer Idle -- I wouldn't know since I have a lopey cam, so mine is not a smooth idle, at least not compared to a stock Viper. My car stays cool with the air on too and I have a black gts here in San Diego.

Eric seems to have a similar Turbo set up that I would want for my next Viper (well, maybe a bit more power would be nice - Ha!) Eric and I had discussions in Vegas about a couple things we didn't like about Supercharged cars, so he and I agree on most things I would think. I love the turbos for a variety of reasons, and I would certainly not say they are hard to drive on the street, at least not from what I saw with Jeff's (Yellow Fever) car, as his seemed to hook pretty good even in 2nd gear.

I want a ride in your car when I come to Texas, in high boost mode!

-Manny

·
Registered
12,999 Posts

Gerald said:
Only people I consitantly see slamming S/C systems with comments, etc
are ...drumroll please..... turbo guys, mainly a few people not to mention names....

I don't think you'll ever see a S/C guy say the things you say or have said or will say. We get defensive when you say stupid shit like you just said.
But for every other S/C guy on this forum, we'll just keep quiet because if we say anything you crrrry. /images/graemlins/bawling

There is nothing I have just said that isn't true.

That is all

Your car sounds like an animal Eric. I hope you get years of enjoyment out of it!

Gerald
what are you talking about? where have i cried? give me ONE example. do you not remember that i WAS a blower guy? granted, i didnt have the Level 5+++, but i had a pretty fast blower car. all i did was reiterate where Smoke was going. do i think you guys are crazy, stupid, wrong, etc? NO! it's your personal preference, and that's all. show me one place i have bitched, moaned, or cried with a rebuttle? obviously, i have a different personal preference. cant you be ok with that? what did i say above that was "stupid" or invalid? I HAVE HAD A BLOWER CAR BEFORE! dont indirectly call me out, if you're talking about me, say it's me. just back it up with proof....

·
Registered
12,999 Posts

Manny_C said:
When I wanted to quiet my car down, people called me a pussy -- "your car is supposed to be loud, it is a VIPER!" Eric, you now see why it is so nice to have a quiet car until you step on it.

By the way, I wasn't getting defensive (not even sure it was directed at me) -- I was just curious why it felt 10X more streetable. I agree they are more quiet -- WAY more quiet. Smoother power... well, I dunno about that. I can drive mine nice and smooth and usually do. Nicer Idle -- I wouldn't know since I have a lopey cam, so mine is not a smooth idle, at least not compared to a stock Viper. My car stays cool with the air on too and I have a black gts here in San Diego.

Eric seems to have a similar Turbo set up that I would want for my next Viper (well, maybe a bit more power would be nice - Ha!) Eric and I had discussions in Vegas about a couple things we didn't like about Supercharged cars, so he and I agree on most things I would think. I love the turbos for a variety of reasons, and I would certainly not say they are hard to drive on the street, at least not from what I saw with Jeff's (Yellow Fever) car, as his seemed to hook pretty good even in 2nd gear.

I want a ride in your car when I come to Texas, in high boost mode!

-Manny
Manny, any day of the week! i'd cant wait to show you my car. hell, fly in and you can stay here. my car isnt hard to drive on the street, just like your blower car isnt. they are both tame if you control the throttle. Manny, i am glad that you can agree with me on the blower in a few areas. to clear the air, i have never said they are a bad investment, power adder, route, etc. for 15g, you get a badass viper that can rape anything on the road. there are just some qualities about the blower that now knowing better, i would have held out for a turbo from the beginning. i never claimed to have the fastest car, best car, or anything of the like. a lot of hype was built up around my car, and i had nothing to do with it. so Manny, you name the time, and you have a place to stay....

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

OK my 2 cents....

When the SC was introduced there wasnt really anything to compare it too. Everyone commented on how it was versus a stock car. Now the TT is out and the SC is a natural reference point. How else can people explain what the TT is like without comparing it to the only other option out there? I understand that some if it is subjective, but objective things like the TT being quieter are natural comparisons. In Erics case he had an SC before his TT so its easy for him to say my car is now XXX compared to before.

I dont think anyone is slamming the SC cars. No need to get defensive. Maybe the SC guiys paid more than the TT guys, I dont know, but hey you had boost years ago.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Smoke, you should just TT your car. Fuck a new ride...just do it!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

DIE IN A FIRE!!!!

yeah just a tad. There are a couple of us. OT V7.0 is taking forever

·
Registered
166 Posts

Craig201MPH said:
DIE IN A FIRE!!!!

yeah just a tad. There are a couple of us. OT V7.0 is taking forever
Ah. Make a Viper Crew and eliminate all the Jeep Crew threads /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1 - 20 of 47 Posts