Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does it appear as if red vipers sell for less. for example, a 97-98 red gts seems to go for the low 40's or so. NO OFFENSE to red viper owners..I'm asking b/c I want one in addition to the yellow beast in fact, but was just wondering..is this true or have I just noticed a few lower priced vipers lately?

·
Mod-errrr-ator
7,532 Posts
drill>wwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!<drill

Red Rules..Go for it Cavity killaah!!!

drill>wwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!<drill

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It's just the most common color, and they've made it every year. Rarity increases value. Mass quantities of blue/whites were made too, but they bring more. /images/graemlins/headscratch

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Red didn't seen to effect my buying price much. :rant:

On the flip side the only Viper I have seen that actually pulls in more $$ is the blue and whites.

My red ACR gets a lot of positive attention and many of my friends tell me they like it better than my 96 B/W.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gotcha....

Oh Kungfool, I've missed you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually the Blue and White RT's remind me of the original Cobra's, but the GTS's remind me of the old Daytona Coupe's from the 60's. First time I saw a B & W GTS I thought to myself that it was the modern re-incarnation of those old Datona Coupes. I agree the they do seem to have the most "sentimental" appeal though.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
why does it appear as if red vipers sell for less. for example, a 97-98 red gts seems to go for the low 40's or so. NO OFFENSE to red viper owners..I'm asking b/c I want one in addition to the yellow beast in fact, but was just wondering..is this true or have I just noticed a few lower priced vipers lately?
Hmmm, Dunno?? Did you say red vipers suck!??? /images/graemlins/mad :fist:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
of course not..and yours has white stripes it's different..of course. Just curious about the solid red ones that's all...do they suck???hell, I want one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Red can't suck, that's what I've got! Therefore it's impossible for it to be uncool.

Of course I was wrong once back in '86, so you'll have to take that at face value.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
elcapo..

LOL.

yeah, I know...I thought I made a mistake once, but...I was mistaken, I didn't make a mistake. :lolcry:

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I think there are a TON of bad vipers out there. To that effect there are more red vipers than any other color. Corrispondingly there will be more "poorly maintained" red vipers. Find a good example and im guessing the pricing will be in line with other colors.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Smokin,

I see your point..some of the ones i've seen have been ragged out.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Find a perfect red car, and I bet it will go for as much as any other color. If you arent picky, youll just find a lot of ragged out red cars out there...like you said. .

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
true dat..true dat..I'm looking for a project car...99 or earlier..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.