Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jason and I went to the strip today for a couple shakedown runs.

The boost only record has been shattered.

The six-speed record has been shattered.

The fastest mph has been shattered.

I'm sure others were shatterd as well but those are the highlights that come to mind.

We made two passes today and ran a 9.07 at over 166 with the clutch shifted T-56. The car bogged badly off the line.

We only got to make two passes and there is more in store for Bradenton.

I told you Unlimited guys you were fucked. Now you know your fucked. Sweet dreams, bitches.

Timeslip and video to come.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Chad

Im thrilled for this to happen! Post the Timeslip and the video soon. Jason called me And I was at the airport and I could not get him back on the phone.

Big congrats to Heffner and yourself!

now on a side note:

last time Jason broke a record he went and made T-shirts and wore them proudly and showed up on race day only for me to make him use those shirts for shop rags! so Just to let you know that we are not far off!

See you soon, I got real nice straps for you!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Smokin said:
What now roof? Think youre going to be bustin 170mph? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Smokin

I can only hope so :thumb:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can only surmise that you're talking about when your load needed the rocker arms adjusted and Heffner went and got oily doing it for you.

BTW, more than half a second and 15 mph is not close in drag racing :ugh:

Don't forget Dave, YOU are racing me. Better get some seat time quick.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Chad, were you driving today?

I guess shattered is the correct term when you look at your times and the "old" numbers. Damn big turbos sure do make some power.

John

·
Registered
19,181 Posts
THE CHAD said:
Jason and I went to the strip today for a couple shakedown runs.

The boost only record has been shattered.

The six-speed record has been shattered.

The fastest mph has been shattered.

I'm sure others were shatterd as well but those are the highlights that come to mind.

We made two passes today and ran a 9.07 at over 166 with the clutch shifted T-56. The car bogged badly off the line.

We only got to make two passes and there is more in store for Bradenton.

I told you Unlimited guys you were fucked. Now you know your fucked. Sweet dreams, bitches.

Timeslip and video to come.
Vid and time slip please. :bowdown:

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
INCOMING ROUNDS------TAKE COVER!CONGRATS TO THE CHAD AND HOT ROD HEFFNER! :rofl: :dance: :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
THE CHAD said:
I can only surmise that you're talking about when your load needed the rocker arms adjusted and Heffner went and got oily doing it for you.

BTW, more than half a second and 15 mph is not close in drag racing :ugh:

Don't forget Dave, YOU are racing me. Better get some seat time quick.
Indeed! :nod: He help me out big time that day. I was waiting on DLM to show up /images/graemlins/sad he was late of course!

big congrats again! was you driving?

what about a parachute next LOL 160 plus in insane!

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
oh no /images/graemlins/shocked 9.07 @ 166MPH wait a second plus six-speed /images/graemlins/shocked, im not dreaming right ? awesome man thats a beast :clap: one hell of a viper you got there Congrats! /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
!

H O L Y S H I T 166? I were you in the car? Can you explain how it feels?

Question, why broadcast the #'s so close to Brandenton and show all your cards?

Congrats to you and Heffner! Those Turbo's are sounding sweeter and sweeter

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: !

Yes, I was driving. There is plenty left in the combo so no worries of giving away any secrets, just turning up the heat.

No one has built anything like this before so it is going to be fun taking down all the big records at the V-10 Nats. Hennessey's "quickest V-10 Viper" is next only we're doing it with the six-speed. /images/graemlins/shocked

As for how it feels in the car, pretty fucking sweet. Looking forward to sharing the experience at the V-10 Nats. :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

Congratulations to Chad and the Heffner team!!! This couldn't have happened to better bunch!!! Well deserved and just goes to show the knowledge and engineering Heffner's Performance is capable of. To think this was only on the 2nd pass ever on this setup! /images/graemlins/thumb1

Time to go and piss the wife off, again!!! /images/graemlins/mad

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

To further emphasize the capabilities of Jason Heffner, this package was put together from the ground up and to the track in approximately 6 weeks! /images/graemlins/shocked

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,791 Posts

That's Awesome! /images/graemlins/thumbs2 I wish I could be in Brandenton. /images/graemlins/sad

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.