Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I heard that Dodge requires a person to buy a whole new replacement rear window if you want to replace the weather stripping. What's up with that? Does anyone have a source for this kind of stuff?

·
Registered
791 Posts
and after talking to ya today i had parts do a little more research...seems dodge says they are no longer available!!..and the seal is made onto the rear window!!!!so if anybody finds any please let me know!!..i have a customer i need of one too!!..or i'm jus gonna make some other weather stripping fit along that edge...oh i forgot..we're talking about the RT/10 back window....Len /images/graemlins/shocked

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't anyone here made this kind of stuff? How much is a new window anyways?

·
Registered
791 Posts
the prob is that no windows are available....and the seal comes on the window!!!...Len

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Didn't somebody once post about getting a rear window made?

How much did the rear RT/10 windows list for in the parts catalog?

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm amazed a new window has to be purchased in the first place if the window is fine. It's been a while since I messed with it, so when I see it I'll have a better understanding of why, I suppose.

·
Registered
791 Posts
yea..i'm goona give this window a good looking over and figure out a new seal for it...did he say what was wrong with it??...oh yea..when i was talking to JonB he told me he had a window but it had no seal on it....Len

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Hey Len - Did you ever figure out a new seal?

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
What does a Walrus and a Tupperware salesman have in common?....................They both like a tight seal...!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts