Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to drill out the rivets to take out the rear wheel shrouds to fit the W/M kit.

As my car is miles away can anyone tell me how many rivets I am going to need as I cant get to see mine.

$4 a piece is a little high from Dodge I guess.

Is there a alternative ??

Carl

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Drill out rivets? I don't think mine were drilled out for the W/M install...and I don't think it calls for that in the instructions! I'll have to look to confirm....are you SURE you need to???

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Don't remove the inner fender liners, or "tubs". You only need to remove the lower portion which is held in by bolts and plastic "push pin" (one on drivers side, 2 on passenger side). You only need to remove the lower portion to access the battery on one side and the under side of the trunk pan on the other side. IF you feel you must remove them, pay the 4 bucks for the parts from Dodge so it will still look "untouched". These are "special" rivets, they are very long and when you pull them down, they actually spread out 3 different ways, like legs if you will, so they will hold the liner in place. A normal rivet just "swells" and will not hold the liner in place securely

DW

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did my 95 to remove the gas tank and you only need to drill out the forward bottom rivet. Remove all the push pull rivets then slide the entire wheel well inwards and it will drop out. Helps to warm it up a little bit. I used a screw to replace the rivet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.