Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bro's, I just had Roe high flow cats and a B&B exhaust installed two days ago. I just got back from the gym and noticed the top of the rear of my bumper in top of the exhaust cutout has begun to melt and is sagging down to the tips themselves. What do I do? Is this normal? I know that its probably permanent. Who was it on here that had the chrome exhaust cover plate covering their exhaust? I wanna get something to cover this up. Anyone else run into this?

P.S. On a good note, the exhaust sounds SWEET!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Try to extend your tips out further from the car. Mine are approx. 3/8" away with no melting.
Re: Exhaust opening trim - I am lazing 48 for the VA members, 18 ga. polished S.S. Should have pics next week of the trim plate, all S.S. mounting hardware, and what I did with the scrap cutout from the center. You will like :thumb:

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
FlyBryViper said:
Try to extend your tips out further from the car. Mine are approx. 3/8" away with no melting.
Re: Exhaust opening trim - I am lazing 48 for the VA members, 18 ga. polished S.S. Should have pics next week of the trim plate, all S.S. mounting hardware, and what I did with the scrap cutout from the center. You will like :thumb:
Keep us posted.

Obviously - the Alley discount will be deeper than the VCA> :nod:

·
Registered
11 Posts
BigMac,

I have a couple of the Polished Stainless Steel exhaust surrounds left. They are boxed up and ready to ship. $104 will get the surrounds to your door Priority Mail. Send me an email if you are interested. [email protected]
Attached is a photo of one of the Surrounds on a 97 GTS.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/1692Exhaust.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Venom 100TT,

There is a product that can help you with the bumper on your Viper. It's known to work miracles and many in fact 1000's swear by it over at the VCA...

ZAINO!!!!!!!!! :lolcry:

·
Registered
458 Posts
My Producton Mgr. confirms 48 Viper Exhaust Trim Plates are comming off the lazer next Friday, the 18th. Already have all the S.S. hardware. ALso, the scrap piece from the center cut-out will be included - it has a lazed Viper logo. So, I will post pics. next Friday in a new tread :thumb:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
13 year bump bitches. Is that a record?

Does anyone make these anymore? I've contacted a few major vendors with no luck. It's getting super hot this summer in Arizona + aggressive driving over the years is taking a toll on the rear bumper exhaust outlet area. It's not full meltage mode yet, but warping above the pipes.

If they are nowhere to be found, no big deal. I've got access to a mega laser cutter. This would be a good opportunity to engrave some dolphins swimming about the shield anyway to make it appear less autozonish.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Usually The Viper Store or Pep Boys for such super serious upgrades. I know 8.0 recently bought some for his helicopter.

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
Pep Boys has a special on. Buy the plates and get a set of Venzano seats for free.

·
Premium Member
9,940 Posts
Searched around but didn't come up with much. Try giving places like X2 builders a call and see if they have something off a salvage car.

In honor of Chad being one of the original posters, here's a few shots of his 7 sec Heffner TT car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts