Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I currently have a C6Z but I think I'm ready to join the Darkside. I get so many mixed reviews about the Viper but I have never ridden in one. Is there someone around the Bay Area that could take me for a quick spin and give me your views on the snake?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just traded from a 2012 C6 to a 2006 Viper over the weekend. Drove 10 hours one way to get it and I too have never drove one before until now. Was very concerned... seeing I have never even drove one or even sit in one to be honest.

My impressions of the car. It definitely is not as refined as options like my c6. My Corvette had cruise, dual climate control, computer screen that monitor everything, etc... The corvette also shifted smoother and the ride down the interstate is a lot smoother by far. Then there is the mpg.. lol... nuff said.

Now the viper... Looks freaking killer, fast looking standing still. Has a ton of torque and sounds amazing. It grabs tons of attention going down the road, kids snapping pictures and people giving the thumbs up. The ride is stiff and rough going over bumps in the road, but it handles great and never bottom out or anything... just rough at some points on the interstate.

The cockpit is small, but not crazy small or anything. When I got there the guy warned me that I bought the car from that it was a different car than my vette. It was a true drivers car, no traction control, no bells and whistles.. just pure v10 american race car for the streets. Radio, turn signals and ac.. that is it.

So far I really like the car.. to differenf cars to be honest. The viper is fast... faster than my ls3 c6. Looks killer.. just wish it shifted smoother and rode a little smoother over bumps.

Maybe if I swaped out the shifter in the car it might help. I will also say the viper I have has the eibach springs on it. So that could be some of the reason it is rought riding. I had a set of sportlines on a Mustang and it rode so rough I couldnt take it.

My new ride!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Do it! Came from a blown C5Z06 back in 2009, I am now on my 3rd Viper. 2003 Vert, 08 ACR, and now a 2014 TA. They are bad ass.

·
Registered
23,021 Posts
im of the belief if you need to ask, stick with the vettes

Reactions: MoParEr

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Completely modern interior for the first time in a Viper. Nothing wrong with the older ones, but the Gen IV (08-10) was still using the Gen III (03-06) interiors.

The TA is outstanding, as was the ACR. The TA does 99.9% of what my ACR did, but does it in a more modern, and userfriendly package. I drive my cars a lot and would commute in my ACR from time to time. I use the TA more, and it's a joy every time.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm of a belief that if you are asking, despite getting mixed reviews, (were they from Viper owners?) then you should get one...if you consider yourself a car guy. You don't have to marry it. Just try her out for a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have 15 post yet to post a picture but I made the move and picked up an 06 Coupe and kept the Z after all. Very happy with my choice.

Thanks for the input.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
That's a good combo, congrats. P.s it's your own thread, and it's acceptable to make 12 bullshit posts for the sake of posting pics.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't have 15 post yet to post a picture but I made the move and picked up an 06 Coupe and kept the Z after all. Very happy with my choice.

Thanks for the input.

-Mike
Outstanding!

I applaud you for making a decision and going with it. It is refreshing to see after so many that post like crazy wanting everyone to convince them of what to buy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts