Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped my SRT truck at STS turbo for them to develop a package for the SRT truck. I am looking at running somewhere between 6-7 psi of boost and 9-10 psi of boost with h20/methanol. We are shooting for 200HP add on the low setting and 300hp add on the high setting.

I just dynoed the truck @4500 ft elevation with no correction factor 343RWHP/455RWTQ. The stock rwhp #'s at sea level should be ~400rwhp.

I hope to have it back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
950 Posts
How come I never hear from my buddy Todd anymore? I have some guys lined up for this mod once it's available. We became an STS dealer at the beginning of the year and have been selling their kits like they're going out of style. Thanks for the hookup, Todd!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
SupremeViper said:
Did they de-tune the motors for the Rams, Craig??? Anyone??
The ram driveline takes a lotta power out of it at the wheels. Add to the fact that the quad cab driveline is physically longer than the standard SRT Ram, you can start seeing how it adds up to being so inefficient. Even the Hemi Rams dyno lower than they should. Again, driveline loss.

The qc does have an auto too. So it will put down less naturally than mating it to a six speed.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you ever tried to jog at 10,000 feet? Well my motor feels the same way. Not dense enough air, therefore, less HP at elevation. My same motor at sea level would make around 400rwhp. The numbers I posted are UNCORRECTED.

Larry,

Dude I haven't heard from you forever...Why haven't you called me? Just kidding..I will have to call you and catch up.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
utahviper said:
Have you ever tried to jog at 10,000 feet? Well my motor feels the same way. Not dense enough air, therefore, less HP at elevation. My same motor at sea level would make around 400rwhp. The numbers I posted are UNCORRECTED.

Larry,

Dude I haven't heard from you forever...Why haven't you called me? Just kidding..I will have to call you and catch up.

I am aware of all that but damn that is a huge loss. Wasn't bashing I'm just surprised.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
utahviper said:
I just dropped my SRT truck at STS turbo for them to develop a package for the SRT truck. I am looking at running somewhere between 6-7 psi of boost and 9-10 psi of boost with h20/methanol. We are shooting for 200HP add on the low setting and 300hp add on the high setting.

I just dynoed the truck @4500 ft elevation with no correction factor 343RWHP/455RWTQ. The stock rwhp #'s at sea level should be ~400rwhp.

I hope to have it back in a few weeks.
Dyno #'s arent too bad.....

My 02' Harley truck made 397hp and 542tq at the wheels with 15psi.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the truck at sea level is 400rwhp we usually get about 18-20% loss in power from the elevation change. The estimate per 1000' is usually considered to be 3% or so. I live at about 4500 ft but the elevation changes depending on where you are located on the mountain.

I just heard some bad news from the turbo guys...they can't do my truck right now because the hemi qc kit doesn't mount up with the upgraded turbo.

I have a couple other options I am pursuing so we will see which one comes through.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
utahviper said:

Larry,

And what about me?

You have left me and Tony to do the Roe wars........JK

Hope things are going well.

Ward:flag:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.