Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, Like Nohsreg, am toying with the idea of selling off my Gen I for a GTS, though for different reasons. I prefer the rt/10 look but the rain here is killing me. :rant:
I am lucky to get 2 months of clear driving a year. I am thinking the GTS would be a much better choice for a foul weather car. I'm actually considering getting all the way out of convertibles and getting rid of my Unimog too in favor of a hardcab. Anyone with a clue on pricing? Mine would certainly not be for the "purist"
Break out of the car would be:
38k miles
2001 polished 5 spokes, almost new rubber on the rears
Gen II hood and front fascia, air intake changed as well.
Factory warranty good till 2007 with $100 deductible
Mopar hardtop
Vmania side windows
Smooth tubes/ S&B filters
Vipertech maintained.
Color is Prowler purple.
I have the soft top, original windows and original rims still as well.

Or perhaps I just need to move to a drier climate?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh.. that would help wouldn't it... /images/graemlins/wink

the car is a 1994.. Figgures i'd miss something big like that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,954 Posts
Hey Roadkill..............yup....eaiser to move to a drier, WARMER climate!! I'm moving to south Florida in a couple months, already bought the house near Boca Raton....I've had it with weather here in the Northeast. But seriously folks.....I've got an absolutely gorgeous, stock "93 RT/10 with 19K miles listed locally for a firm $39,000. I'm gonna buy a GTS too, basically for the same reasons. Had quite a few bites, but insurance is rough to aquire for some guys, and blows the deal. Wish you lots of luck....my brother!! (don't give it away) Denny
 

·
Banned Since 2003
Joined
·
17,661 Posts
I would be happy to get 35K for it if I was selling.

Good luck! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
38k will be seen as "high miles". Also some people may not like the purple... I'd shoot for mid 30s. And what do they mean, insurance is a killer? I pay less for my 94 than I do for my daily driver!

Let us know how it goes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nohsreg2000 said:
Roadkill said:
you hijacking here gershon? :smooch:
/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I should just rename mine to Gen I El grande delux cause i've got all the goodies you have and then some :burn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Roadkill said:
I, Like Nohsreg, am toying with the idea of selling off my Gen I for a GTS, though for different reasons. I prefer the rt/10 look but the rain here is killing me. :rant:
I am lucky to get 2 months of clear driving a year. I am thinking the GTS would be a much better choice for a foul weather car. I'm actually considering getting all the way out of convertibles and getting rid of my Unimog too in favor of a hardcab. Anyone with a clue on pricing? Mine would certainly not be for the "purist"
Break out of the car would be:
38k miles
2001 polished 5 spokes, almost new rubber on the rears
Gen II hood and front fascia, air intake changed as well.
Factory warranty good till 2007 with $100 deductible
Mopar hardtop
Vmania side windows
Smooth tubes/ S&B filters
Vipertech maintained.
Color is Prowler purple.
I have the soft top, original windows and original rims still as well.

Or perhaps I just need to move to a drier climate?
No offense, but that car has wreck written all over it... Purple? Gen II hood, 2001 rims? Obviously I haven't seen the car so I can't say that it is a wreck, but your gonna have to go cheaper. I would be pretty worried about how you're gonna explain all that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,773 Posts
a 13 year factory warranty? SWEET!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Gerald said:
a 13 year factory warranty? SWEET!
Yes it can be done... cars are still eligible for DC extended warranty purchase for nine or ten years. So, for a '94, in 2003 you can still buy a four year extended warranty... My '94 will be under warranty till 2007.

-Matt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JF5885477 said:
Roadkill said:
I, Like Nohsreg, am toying with the idea of selling off my Gen I for a GTS, though for different reasons. I prefer the rt/10 look but the rain here is killing me. :rant:
I am lucky to get 2 months of clear driving a year. I am thinking the GTS would be a much better choice for a foul weather car. I'm actually considering getting all the way out of convertibles and getting rid of my Unimog too in favor of a hardcab. Anyone with a clue on pricing? Mine would certainly not be for the "purist"
Break out of the car would be:
38k miles
2001 polished 5 spokes, almost new rubber on the rears
Gen II hood and front fascia, air intake changed as well.
Factory warranty good till 2007 with $100 deductible
Mopar hardtop
Vmania side windows
Smooth tubes/ S&B filters
Vipertech maintained.
Color is Prowler purple.
I have the soft top, original windows and original rims still as well.

Or perhaps I just need to move to a drier climate?
No offense, but that car has wreck written all over it... Purple? Gen II hood, 2001 rims? Obviously I haven't seen the car so I can't say that it is a wreck, but your gonna have to go cheaper. I would be pretty worried about how you're gonna explain all that.
Well being that i put the 2001 rims on.. It's called updating. Course some people prefer the smooth hood/genI front end. I just wasn't one of those people. Wrecked? I think not. The car was gone over with a fine tooth comb prior to purchasing by a highly recommended viper tech. Just a FYI purple, along with the newer hood was one of the main reasons i bought it.
The warranty was purchased through dodge last year and runs through 2007.. gotta say dodge kicks ass like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
magicboy2 said:
Gerald said:
a 13 year factory warranty? SWEET!
Yes it can be done... cars are still eligible for DC extended warranty purchase for nine or ten years. So, for a '94, in 2003 you can still buy a four year extended warranty... My '94 will be under warranty till 2007.

-Matt
Who did you buy your warranty from? DC will not warranty the car after 7 years from the manufacture date. I bought my '95 RT in 2002 and just missed the deadline. If I would have bought a '96 (within the 7 year limit), I could have extended the warranty for 4 years, but since I bought a '95 I couldn't buy 1 extra day of warranty. This is what I was told thru several different dealers referenced from several threads at the org about a year ago.

Has something changed?

Sorry to highjack this thread, I agree with the sentiment that Roadkill's Viper is probably a low 30's Viper. The most valuable part is the '94 soft top.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Venmous said:
magicboy2 said:
Gerald said:
a 13 year factory warranty? SWEET!
Yes it can be done... cars are still eligible for DC extended warranty purchase for nine or ten years. So, for a '94, in 2003 you can still buy a four year extended warranty... My '94 will be under warranty till 2007.

-Matt
Who did you buy your warranty from? DC will not warranty the car after 7 years from the manufacture date. I bought my '95 RT in 2002 and just missed the deadline. If I would have bought a '96 (within the 7 year limit), I could have extended the warranty for 4 years, but since I bought a '95 I couldn't buy 1 extra day of warranty. This is what I was told thru several different dealers referenced from several threads at the org about a year ago.

Has something changed?

Sorry to highjack this thread, I agree with the sentiment that Roadkill's Viper is probably a low 30's Viper. The most valuable part is the '94 soft top.
Tsk.. low 30's? i was hoping for high 'teens! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif if the most valuable part to you is the softtop, perhaps that is the same reason you had problems with finding warranty info out. Gotta pull your head out of hole in the ground. If you get off your ass fast enough you can probably still get a warranty for your car through DC.. give Chuck Tator a call asap
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top