Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really possible to fill the overflow bottle without taking the facia off? The manual says to keep the level between the min/max but just gives some half-ass advice on the filler tube - not actually how to go about doing it.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Yup

Takes a smaller arm and a funnel and hose. You could pull the front wheel to make things lots easier, but I've done it without.

You can reach in the hole, lift off the cap, and insert a hose into the overflow bottle and add your coolant mix from above. If you place a flashlight in the fascia, you can watch the level using the molded sight in the core support.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yes. One of the two lines off the reservoir bottle under the hood lead to the tank in the fascia. Unhook the rubber connection, point it up and pour it in there. I use a piece of paper coiled up in the shape of a small funnel to pour the fluid into the small hose. You can watch the level rise from the wheel well. Or a paper cup that you can make the lip into a point. You should be able to hear it running into the tank.

·
Sexist
44,363 Posts
Hoosier Daddy said:
Yes. One of the two lines off the reservoir bottle under the hood lead to the tank in the fascia. Unhook the rubber connection, point it up and pour it in there. I use a piece of paper coiled up in the shape of a small funnel to pour the fluid into the small hose. You can watch the level rise from the wheel well. Or a paper cup that you can make the lip into a point. You should be able to hear it running into the tank.
That's the way I do it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Try a small baster to fill the bottle thru the hose on the upper reservoir. I picked up a setup from a model shop. It is used for filling the gas engines on model airplanes. It has a 3/16" hose attached to a rubber bulb.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Two points I found that made this easier for me on a 95.

1. Even with the rubber donut off and strong flashlight shining on the facia bottle, I had a hell of a time actually seeing the level of coolant. I waited until the evening one night, closed the garage door, turned off the lights, and the coolant level was a clear as a bell. I had a second flashlight in the engine bay so I could see to opour the coolant into he hose to the facia tank.

2. The line going from the radiator tank goes from rubber to metal to rubber to facia. Buy a small pack of spring hose clamps ($2) and clamp those connections (3). There is an opportunity for air to draw into the line during cool down if you don't. You could use zip strips but that looks like crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.