Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 SVT 14lb pulley, chip, catless, tuned, mustang dynoed and dyno jet dynoed at 500/500 rwhp/tq.

raced from a 2nd gear roll on. Dead tie....

He was so suprised and he was cool about it, but I think in his head he feels his car is much faster than he thought...It was a compliment I guess.

I am catless and have a borla exhaust...pretty much stock.

I told him that I expected that result, that's why I raced him. I've heard that a change of pulley and a chip can keep up with my car. I've raced stock SVT's and I left'em. He thought his car was so damn heavy that he didn't stand a chance. It was a good race. wish I had video. We're gonna run again. /images/graemlins/smiles

it was a good race,

· Registered
1,293 Posts
I had basically the same exact experience... Same mods on Cobra (500 RWHP) + Drag Radials vs. 1998 GTS Corsa + high flow cats. Pretty much even, but it seemed I started to pull at 90 MPH. We had to cut it early for his sake, as a bend was approaching. :rofl: A fun car for straight lines, though.....

· Registered
1,293 Posts
The car comes stock with a 32V 4.6L S/C (roots type) motor. Puts out about 390RWHP. Change the pulley to spin the blower faster, free up the exhaust, tweak the computer, and have the car tuned. Bingo... 500RWHP with $1,500 in mods. It weighs 3800 pounds (400 more than a GTS). Makes a fun car in the straights, and sounds really mean. Also has a back seat. But doesn't handle for sh*t or do anything else a proper sports car should.... But if you're into drag racing, it's tough to beat for the cash....

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onerareviper said:
The car comes stock with a 32V 4.6L S/C (roots type) motor. Puts out about 390RWHP. Change the pulley to spin the blower faster, free up the exhaust, tweak the computer, and have the car tuned. Bingo... 500RWHP with $1,500 in mods. It weighs 3800 pounds (400 more than a GTS). Makes a fun car in the straights, and sounds really mean. Also has a back seat. But doesn't handle for sh*t or do anything else a proper sports car should.... But if you're into drag racing, it's tough to beat for the cash....
well said...

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got a straight up race without excuses of not being able to hear the horn or traffic, etc. the car whines like a damn banshee...I thought it was gonna break, I could hear that belt absolutely working over time. I thought it was goonna snap. When we pulled over afterwards, his car was smoking. The chase car said a huge black plume of smoke came out of the rear of his car during the race.

· Registered
52 Posts
Nice Runs!!!

See my sig - $1100 worth of mods, granny shifting = [email protected] with my old 03 Cobra.

I have always thought the Viper felt more rsponsive (probably weight related) especially down low, both cars were close in the midrange, but the Viper kicks Butt on the top end.

As far as the whine you heard, that is not the belt, that is the EVIL whine of a Positive displacement Eaton M112 supercharger. Kind of like a DERANGED DENTIST DRILL - I love it....

They are the opposite of my centrifugal Vortech on my 92, Eatons are silent at idle and loud as rpms increase, the Vortech is LOUD at idle, but not as loud when moving.

Howard

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gerald said:
just give it a few days, I"ll let you drive something faster... /images/graemlins/smiles
I'm pumped...did I give you my flight schedule?

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
nice run. SVTs are a good car to mod with minimal cash input for some ass kicking power. LOL, id love to see the day when a viper can get that kinda perfromance increase for that kinda cash.

· Registered
4,697 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
nice run. SVTs are a good car to mod with minimal cash input for some ass kicking power. LOL, id love to see the day when a viper can get that kinda perfromance increase for that kinda cash.
If the viper came stock with a turbo or supercharger, you see FAR BETTER results than the mustang. You can't compare that since the mustang obviously comes with a supercharger stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.