Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming you are at a light in a stock gen 2 ,street tires and another identical Viper stops along side of you and informs you of his intention of putting the "infamous ghetto ass whipping" on you. The road is good and you decide to go for it. Knowing the considerable torque and traction issue's even a stock Viper has please describe how YOU would launch to beat him.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I would hope he had had Michelins and my Kuhmos will kick his butt. If he has drag radials or et streets I will just have to run him down :nod:

Really, I would have the rpm at around 1500 to 2000 and slip the clutch a little , when the clutch is almost all the way engaged I would start applying throttle.....then feed it more throttle, if you start to spin you will need to slightly back off, when the vehicle speed catches back up with the tires give it more. It's all about control. Practice, practice. Even with practice, it will take a lot of mental control because now you have someone beside you and it is very easy to over do it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I wasn't sure if a little tire spin would make the engine rev a little faster,heat the tires,hook up & catch him. I figure every few 10th's of a sec I spin he will be pulling a half car length on me. Any more street racers out there?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
id have my cup holder flash her tits and id walk him /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll have mine flip one of her's over her shoulder, I think he might run the light. Everyone agree with 1TONY1 ?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
tony knows his stuff

·
Registered
264 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
id have my cup holder flash her tits and id walk him /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts