Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to Chicago today to pay for the 97 B&W I bought on E-bay with 25 miles on it. The car is just as I would have imagined it at the dealership in 97 except for 3 small problems:

1) Rear window/hatch--the glue that secures the hydraulic support bracket to the window has come loose and needs to be resecured. Seems like a minor problem that can be fixed with a clamp and some type of adhesive. Suggestions?

2) There is a small dent in the right side sill that would have gone unnoticed if I had not had it up on a lift. There is no crease and it is would appear as if a finger had been pressed into the aluminum. Hopefully one of those paintless dent removal places can fix this without any problem except for removing the sill and stripping out the sheet metal screws.

3) My biggest concers in that there is a 2 inch defect in the fiberglass of the hood on the right side near the tire where it meets the front fascia. It looks as if the hood was attempted to be closed with a tool or something laying there. There is no serious damage but there is some stress fracture of the fiberblass. Im not sure how to handle this. Not that noticeable unless you are looking for it, but it does bother me. I don't want to have the entire hood painted.

Any suggestions or anyone that has any similar problems please post. I will put up some pictures when I take final delivery. Also, will a dealership still do the frame recall for me without any hassle?

Thanks,

Austin

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
You can still get the frame recall done, no problem. Where are you located? You bought a winner, no matter what. Going to make museum piece out of it?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Didn't the ebay listing claim it had 1668 gentle miles??? Just curious!!! Congrats on your purchase, you definitely have bought a keeper :nod:
================================================================================
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2006 MERCEDES CLS55

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99 RT/10--Thanks, it is definitely a winner and may be near museum quality; but, I didn't buy it just to look at it. I am located in Thomasville, Ga which is a small town near Tallahassee, FL.

KRAZY--I bought this on eBay from a collector in Chicago. It is virtually new with 25 miles on it. It still has the the plastic in it! He has had it in his garage on a charger and done nothing more than detail it and drive it around his 6000 sq ft 8 bay garage every 6 weeks or so.

I went over the car pretty well, and there does not seem to be any signs of problems with any of the belts, hoses, or tires; however, I will probably still have most of these items changed as well as the tires. Guess I should get the engine checked out with a compression test as someone else mentioned.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hmmm, the back glass issue is not uncommon. I had mine replaced under the factory warrantee (lucky me), but it could be repaired. I have seen several Vipers with some sort of imperfection up on the passenger side, pointy pportion of the hood (mine now included). Mine crept up over time and will get repainted after next year. If you can't see the dent in the sidesill without it up on a lift...leave it (IMVHO). If you're gonna drive it, the side sill are gonna get worse. Put it in the back of your head as a winter project next year or the the year after. Congratulations!! :)

All of the aboce is just my 2 cents....hardly worht that nowadays. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.