Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I research a lot since I get to work from home and one thing that has been intriguing me is more info on swapping in a Glide.

I have a couple questions below:

1. Who makes kits? ie. adapter plate, flex plate, converter
2. Does anybody know the driveshaft length?
3. Is there any other info on installing one? Not much to be found on google.

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I research a lot since I get to work from home and one thing that has been intriguing me is more info on swapping in a Glide.

I have a couple questions below:

1. Who makes kits? ie. adapter plate, flex plate, converter
2. Does anybody know the driveshaft length?
3. Is there any other info on installing one? Not much to be found on google.

Thank You!
You sure you want a powerglide with only 2 speeds? 1.8 1st and 1.0 2nd? That's like the T-56's 2nd and 4th gears respectively. I think Donato worked with SVS on a powerglide/Gear Vendors overdrive/under drive unit. I believe that setup was like 12-13K.

I think Guy Castro, aka Grczforce327 or something like that builds all kinds of crazy transmissions, powerglides, turbo 400's/etc... Super nice guy to boot.

If you don't mind modifying the trans tunnel, you could put in a nice 4 speed overdriven torqueflight (2.45, 1.45, 1, .69) that goes in the trucks. This is what I put into my original 1996 with the front mounted TT setup. It was awesome aside from not being able to hold 1500+ RWTQ in overdrive on the Mustang dyno.....

You could also look into a turbo 400 like oufan2929..... That thing fits well and seems to hold the power just fine......

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know that quicktime makes v10/t56 bell housings that are sfi approved (probably a better option than a gm bell plus adapter). Give em a call, I cant imagine that custom drilling one for a glide would be difficult

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just drove my 8 sec auto viper for the first time yesterday and it was a blast. Much more fun then I thought. Turbo 400.

I do have a brand new viper truck trans that is fully built for sale. Will bolt up.

·
Premium Member
19,288 Posts
Just drove my 8 sec auto viper for the first time yesterday and it was a blast. Much more fun then I thought. Turbo 400.

I do have a brand new viper truck trans that is fully built for sale. Will bolt up.
I don't believe you. Let's see the time slip.....................:D

Besides, an auto in a Viper is cheating........................:yes:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I don't believe you. Let's see the time slip.....................:D

Besides, an auto in a Viper is cheating........................:yes:
Sorry no time slip Mike but do have a vid :D

Will be for sale very soon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNb3JOz9Ug&feature=player_detailpage"]Underground Racing - 1st 8 Second Superchargerd Viper & SRT - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
mbccenter said:
I always wondered if anyone did that swap...what does it involve? Sounds like a natural progression for those wanting consistency at the dragstrip.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts