Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question For The Header Guru\'s

After reading about headers here and .org the Belangers or B&Bs would be a great fit for my stock '96 RT. Roe Ovals are already installed and later down the road I see a heads/cam and "happy gas" package, if that makes a difference.

Need your help deciding on which Header Brand is the best deal for my Viper and why?

Will the brand actually matter between the two header sets?

Is one limited because of a design difference such as the collector design? Or does it just really benefit heavy modded cars?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Re: Question For The Header Guru\'s

I have the B&Bs and have always liked them the best. They're stainless steel headers. I believe the Belangers are made of mild steel. I always prefer stainless exhaust components.

All manufacturers claim big HP increases with their headers. I've never seen this bear out in actual dyno testing. So don't believe the claims of a 50 or so HP increase.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

I have installed B&B, Borla and Belanger and Personally the easiest install is the Belanger, only takes about four hours start to finish. Also have never had a problem with a slip fit leak, because they are not slip fit. They sound the best imo and look the best imo.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts

Tom,

Which set of headers are notorious for the 'drone'? Does multiple muffler and catbacks play into the sound equation?

Thanks,

Jay K.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

JGK95 said:
Tom,

Which set of headers are notorious for the 'drone'? Does multiple muffler and catbacks play into the sound equation?

Thanks,

Jay K.
The only "drone" I have ever experienced was with the Borlas, but that was because of the rest of the exhaust. The least amount of resonance I have experienced was on toofast's car, his is Belanger headers with a Corsa 3" system.

Tommy

·
Registered
4,448 Posts

TOM B said:
The only "drone" I have ever experienced was with the Borlas, but that was because of the rest of the exhaust. The least amount of resonance I have experienced was on toofast's car, his is Belanger headers with a Corsa 3" system.

Tommy
That is great news. Tht will be my system soon enough... :smiles:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.