Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months back I raced a black GTS with what looked like blue stripes coming back up to the Bay Area from Monterey. I was in my Z-06 which I owned at that time. I promptly sold the Z after that encounter and now have my OWN can of whoop-ass (2002 GTS/ACR). Does anyone know who's car that was and whether it was modified?

Christian

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get the license plate. Too stupid, I guess. I agree: the stripes looked ugly. I wonder if they just appeared blue because it was dark??? Could the silver stripes look bluish under the glow of headlights at night??? All I know is the car was stupid fast. We punched off at about 80 mph or so. He was about 6 car lengths behind me when I saw him hit it. We had been playing around for a few miles already with him taking off, then backing off, then I would hit it, etc.

I grabbed 3rd gear when I saw his lights tilt upward (meaning he had punched it). I went through 3rd gear (to around 105 mph) then shifted to 4th. He was still behind me, but was coming up. 4th is the weakest gear on the Z-06 so I figured if I could keep him behind me until 5th, I'd be okay. (I had raced my friend's GTS previously and up to 165 mph we were very, very close).

I hit 5th and all of a sudden he blew by me like I was standing still. He pulled out about 6 to 8 car lengths and then shut down. Nitrous? I don't know, but he destroyed me and I've always wondered. I'd love to find out...

Christian

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nathan, it was a Gen II. No aftermarket sidepipes that I recall.

Plumcrazy, it was a cool race too. I got completely waxed but was stoked because I knew I had the deal for my '02 ACR already cooked up. My wife was with me and said, "He killed you!!!!!", while smiling the whole time.

I'm pretty sure he must've had some pretty decent mods, but I'd love to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.