Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I really have to worry about the power steering cap comming loose or off and burning my new prized posession to the gound?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've never had any problems with my '94 or my '00. But I was looking at buying a '97 Blue and White a couple years ago and when I opened the hood I noticed the P Steering cap was just sitting there half off. So I would definately keep an eye on it.
Everytime you open your hood simply check to make sure it's tight.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I check the bastard all the time because I'm paranoid about it and all those other people I think are after me!
I can see I'm going to have to fab. up some kind of positive anti-rotation hold down device. That and several guns is the only way I'm going to feel safe. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
THE CAP WILL COME LOOSE.

No doubt about it. I installed the tube from hipo and it works like a charm - complete peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
happened to me a while back...I haven't checked it in a while, but nothing has gone wrong since...It is a problem for some. check some past threads..

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I've NEVER had my cap come loose (car has 60k+ miles), in fact it is only super friggin' tight and a bitch to get off (er, should I rephrase that?), but I said what the hell and put the aftermarket fix on anyway.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
slaughterj said:
I've NEVER had my cap come loose (car has 60k+ miles), in fact it is only super friggin' tight and a bitch to get off (er, should I rephrase that?), but I said what the hell and put the aftermarket fix on anyway.
That's cause you don't drive your car hard you pussy /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif It will come off, happened to me twice and melted on my headers, use a 12" channel lock pliers to tighten.

. AUSTIN

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I got scared into buying one and had to use the fucking jaws of life to unscrew it to put the HIPO fix on it. I think it depends just how tight that bitch is to begin with (words to live by).

Chad

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
slaughterj said:
If you cross thread it, it won't come off /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts