Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trading my 2000 Ferrari 360 in on a 2004 Viper. One reason on trading the Ferrari in is because of the maint. costs. Could I please have some feed back on the pros and cons of the Viper. All the reviews I have read are positive but would be interested in some owner feed back.
Thank you,
Tom

· Registered
93 Posts
Damn a 360 modena. That car is amazing, but a Viper is somethign else. I dont know our Viper has been pretty good, but it sucked the third day we got it something shitty happened. The fuel pump relay sensor shorted out and the car staleld on me in the middle of the street but my friends at his shop fixed it all up and it is running better than ever. What color are you looking to get?

· Registered
10,436 Posts
Keep the Italian job...You sound like a preppy little candy ass...You snooty, country club, windbreaker types won't fit into our little car club anyway. What happened, did you get bored kissing ass on Ferrari-Chat?

Tell me, what does your 360 run in the quarter mile???

Oh, and welcome to Viper Alley.

· Registered
380 Posts
Private Jet said it all - what a riot. We have had quite a few converts from Ferraris, and essentially the number one plus they all discuss is the incredibly low cost of maintenance. Both are Super Cars and well respected, but the Viper is more in the change oil and drive it league than the prancing horse.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

.....and yes, you probably will spend money on mods.Kinda like a Harley owner, after the purchase you need the jacket , the helmet ,the.........

With a Snake , it is the Corsa exhaust,the Belanger headers, the aluminum flywheel, the .......well, you get the drift.

· Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,163 Posts
CAVEAT: I don't own an SRT. (Well, I guess I owned one for about five minutes, once, but that doesn't count).

The '03's were a little buggy, but that appears to be sorted out for the '04's. The market is soft right now, so if you buy used, you can save quite a bit. I've seen '03's for as little as $65K, and you can buy a used '03 for $73K all day long. You could probably find a slightly used '04 and save several grand on the gas guzzler tax.

Vipers generally have very reasonable maintenance, and those that have driven the SRT rave about the performance (there is a generational gap between Gen II and Gen III owners, the former criticize the latter based on looks, not performance).

You might shop your question over at www.viperclub.org in the "Gen III" forum, too.

· Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,163 Posts
I dunno. I've been re-reading a lot of Mike from Fl's and Snowman's posts and I've started thinking: "Maybe it's wrong to be mean. Maybe I should support redistributing Confrontational's wealth to lazy people. And the next guy that offers to trade his Ferrari for a Viper--I'm gonna give that swell egg a warm ViperAlley welcome."

· Registered
1,959 Posts
modena360 said:
I am thinking of trading my 2000 Ferrari 360 in on a 2004 Viper. One reason on trading the Ferrari in is because of the maint. costs. Could I please have some feed back on the pros and cons of the Viper. All the reviews I have read are positive but would be interested in some owner feed back.
Thank you,
Tom
Forget the Viper, get in your 360, drive off the closest cliff and burn to death in the ensuing fireball you weak, Zaino using, pansy ass, bitch titted mangina!

Better SB?

· Banned
2,657 Posts
I've never been in an 03/04 but...I have an 01 ACR. the rid is a little rough, but it moves...fast. Handling is good. And...it's red. Know any ferrari owners in the pacific northwest that would give me a ride? Never been in a ferrari...and yes, I'm 20something.

· Registered
5,275 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Keep the Italian job...You sound like a preppy little candy ass...You snooty, country club, windbreaker types won't fit into our little car club anyway. What happened, did you get bored kissing ass on Ferrari-Chat?

Tell me, what does your 360 run in the quarter mile???

Oh, and welcome to Viper Alley.
You were the first to give the Alley Welcome :rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.