Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This RX7 is a LS1 with an auto and twinturbos. He is a great guy and only lives a few hours from me....I'm very sorry he wrecked, but glad he was ok. In TnT last week it was going mid nines on the new setup. He had battery charging problems on the drive and couldn't start for the race. This was a TnT after the other cars got finished. I belive it was a fluid problem. Always be gentle on the brakes after a hard pass or when you have a breakage.

RX7 wreck

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Man, that sucks outloud! Glad he was ok, but shouldn't of hit the brakes :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I'm having trouble with the link!! Any suggestions???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ" (SOLD)
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO (HEFFNER TWINTURBO SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED)
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
1970 CUDA (VIPER MOTOR,BAER BRAKES,RECAROS,20INCH WHEELS,COILOVERS)
2006 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
2006 CLS 55

·
Registered
587 Posts
That sucks:( Glad the driver was ok! :nod:

Did he blow the motor just before he lost it (smoke)?

1TONY1 said:
This RX7 is a LS1 with an auto and twinturbos. He is a great guy and only lives a few hours from me....I'm very sorry he wrecked, but glad he was ok. In TnT last week it was going mid nines on the new setup. He had battery charging problems on the drive and couldn't start for the race. This was a TnT after the other cars got finished. I belive it was a fluid problem. Always be gentle on the brakes after a hard pass or when you have a breakage.

RX7 wreck

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRDSupra said:
That sucks:( Glad the driver was ok! :nod:

Did he blow the motor just before he lost it (smoke)?

I believe that was liquid, not smoke. Liquid under the left tire, then apply the brakes.....the right tire grabs and the left does not. Then the car turns right. Speculation on my part.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KRAZYPSI said:
Did you try "right click and save as"

·
Registered
636 Posts
KRAZYPSI said:
Same here,then right clicked
2006 CLS 55

·
Registered
468 Posts
Damn, that really sucks....

Glad to hear he is OK..

I love those cars. Had two of them back in the day.

Jason

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Did you try "right click and save as"
Thanks!!!:doh:
2006 CLS 55

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Casey said:
That really sucks!
I can't imagine all the work, not to mention $$ put into that car. Does he plan on repairing and getting her back on the track?
This guy is a buddy or crew member:

Originally posted by Jesse W.:

We had some problems. It all started when we got to the track Thursday night, we ran two passes on a pretty safe tune and went 9.8 and then a 9.6. On the 9.6 pass, the car was smoking like a freight train. So we pack things up at 10:30 and head to go find a place to work on the car. We work on the car till about 4:30 am and discover both of the brand new 62-1's are trashed and call for a driver to bring us up the 76s to put back on. We get up at 7 am to put the 76s back on and head to Comp Cams to get the car teched in and gas drained. All was going as planned until we discover our horn didn't work. We borrowed an air horn from someone, which was allowed, and off we were. We were a little worried about the cruise, which consisted of a 30 mile ride through Memphis on the 12 gallons of 93 octane gas they supplied. No chase vehicles were allowed, and if you got caught pulling over or shutting the engine off you were disqualified. Our car overheated almost the entire run, Big Stuff 3 showed us 234.5 degree temps (which we believe was the max the sensor was reading since it stayed at that temp). About 4 or so miles from the track the alternator quit charging the battery, but luckily the car made it to the staging lanes where all of the cars were allowed to cool off for about 40 minutes. During this time, no hoods or trunks were allowed to be opened, however pushing the cars through the lanes was allowed. We were almost last in the field so we could get the car cooled off as much as possible. When it was our turn to race, the battery wouldn't turn the car over. We were out at that point, disqualified. We pulled the car out of the line and got it started, and the decision was made to make an exhibition pass to at least show the crowd and Hot Rod Magazine that the car wasn't broken and that it could indeed make a pass. Brian pulled the car around after the event was over, staged up, and launched real real hard. The car took out the fastest it ever has, and was really moving down the track. About 300 feet from the finish line the car took a hard turn to the right and pretty much destroyed the front parts of the car when he hit the wall. The car limped over the finish line but still went a 9.5 at 130mph, we have no idea how fast he was going when he made the impact. Fortunately, he walked out without a scratch. I guess it's time to rebuild the car and make it faster, hopefully Hinson won't let this discourage him from doing that. Overall the weekend was fun, I learned a lot and got to see the fastest street cars in the nation. There were some very impressive rides there, and I will definetly be going back next year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.