Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2manytoys,

Propane ? Did I mention my viper ran on propane? Must ask Larry about that one. Is that YOUR power secret. Is that the Holy Grail that makes a viper go from 9.70 ish to 9.20 ish ? I have been wondering how you did that with no visible changes ?
Cannot wait to go to the TRACK. Call Larry at M2 he has secret of his own that will keep your from breaking at the starting line, 407 246 6511. maybe. I do not say that to be mean, as mine HAS broken on the line before Bowling Green, KY. Just trying to pass on some knowledge, You cannot win unless you finish.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Its a liquid form of petroleum gas(methane), and works just like NOS when used in Diesel applications...

Ever seen a full sized 3/4 ton pickup truck run a 10 second 1/4 miles with a Duramax diesel injected on Propane? :shocked:

·
Registered
346 Posts
okay, here's your scientific answer...

Physical Properties of Propane
Formula: C3H8
Molecular Weight: 44.10 lb/mol
Specific Volume at 70°F and 1 atm: 8.62 ft3/lb
Specific Heat: 17.71 BTU/lbmol-deg [email protected] 70 deg. F.
Specific Gravity: 1.576
Gas Density: .1160 lb/ft3 @ 70 deg. F. 14.7 PSIA
Psat @ 70 deg F: 124.9 psia
Liquid Density @ 70 deg F: 31.12 lb/ft3
Boiling Point: Temperature: -43.76 deg. F
Liquid Density: 36.28 lb./ft3
Latent Heat: 183.0 BTU/lb.
Critical Point: Temperature: 206.3 deg. F
Pressure: 618.7 PSIA
Triple Point (Melting Point): Temperature: -305.9 deg. F
Pressure: n/a
Combustion Data:
Ft3 of Air Required to Burn 1 Ft3 of Gas: 23.86
Flash Point: -156 deg F
Ignition Temperature in Air: 920-1020 deg. F.
Maximum Flame Temperature in Air: 3595 deg F
Limits of Inflammability, Percentage of Gas in Air Mixture:
At Lower Limit: 2.4%
At Upper Limit: 9.6%
Octane : Over 100

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
God dam, check out the big brain on " Blackhawk!"
This all sounds great ! Is this what Brain Anderson ( 2manytoys ) uses??
This would explain his leap from the 9.70's to the 9.20's. You out there Brain?
Chime in with the answer. You brought this my attention. Maybe I need this, propane stuff. On my way to have lunch with Larry at M2 will ask about it there.

Thanks for the tip !!!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
nothing new; tom welch (BTR) has it in his nitrous kits.

my only experience with it (through a friend in my area and his nitrous viper) is that its not for all climates and you can have some issues with it based upon climate. florida, no problem, northeast ohio, a problem.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
yellowstain said:
God dam, check out the big brain on " Blackhawk!"
This all sounds great ! Is this what Brain Anderson ( 2manytoys ) uses??
This would explain his leap from the 9.70's to the 9.20's. You out there Brain?
Chime in with the answer. You brought this my attention. Maybe I need this, propane stuff. On my way to have lunch with Larry at M2 will ask about it there.

Thanks for the tip !!!

Hey shitstain :rofl:

No Propane or Nos on the car then. I have added a small shot of Nos since then. We're testing and tuning now. I smell the Eight's. :nod: You have a leak in the M2 camp, might want to be careful who knows what about your car :smiles:
Don't be jealous about my times. Worry about your own. Don't tell me your gonna be another Vern for Larry????? Lot of money, lot of time, and never a 9 second pass :sleeping: Talk your shit after your car is proven.

With my motor work and blower first time at the track, barely tuned, slick track,95-100 outside, head wind of 15-20 we still ran 9.7's - 9.8's. Next race was Bradenton awesome track :bowdown: :bowdown: good weather we ran consistant low 9's. Many others improved their previous best as well. 1TONY1 ran 9.50's his previous numbers were high 9's. Several others dipped in the 9's as well. Besides the Mighty CUDAMAN what other M2 cars have hit the 9's????? Are you going too????? We'll seeeee!!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
2MANYTOYS said:
Don't tell me your gonna be another Vern for Larry????? Lot of money, lot of time, and never a 9 second pass :sleeping:
I'm not trying to put down anyone's driving (especially for being a novice myself), but I am willing to bet Vern's old car is a 9 second car. It just needed a different driver.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
2MANYTOYS said:
Hey shitstain :rofl:

No Propane or Nos on the car then. I have added a small shot of Nos since then. We're testing and tuning now. I smell the Eight's. :nod: You have a leak in the M2 camp, might want to be careful who knows what about your car :smiles:
Don't be jealous about my times. Worry about your own. Don't tell me your gonna be another Vern for Larry????? Lot of money, lot of time, and never a 9 second pass :sleeping: Talk your shit after your car is proven.

With my motor work and blower first time at the track, barely tuned, slick track,95-100 outside, head wind of 15-20 we still ran 9.7's - 9.8's. Next race was Bradenton awesome track :bowdown: :bowdown: good weather we ran consistant low 9's. Many others improved their previous best as well. 1TONY1 ran 9.50's his previous numbers were high 9's. Several others dipped in the 9's as well. Besides the Mighty CUDAMAN what other M2 cars have hit the 9's????? Are you going too????? We'll seeeee!!!
Assuming I'm still around for the Bradenton event in Dec, I shall be in the 9's
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: But still just a little guy in the mix :nod: :nod: King of the V-10 Nats OUT :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brain,
Let's recap you went from 9.70 to a 9.20 on tuning alone. And have NOW just added NOS. I'm throwing the BS flag on that one.

BTW, 99.9% of M2's customers drive their OWN vipers, VS pro drivers ! We do not know if the nitrous propane is going to leak, we have not turned it on yet.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
VIPR GTS said:
Ian, you mean you don't think Gary was the driver he bragged about being?
Do I sense some sarcasm?

Actually, I don't know Gary or his driving skill, but I do know the car was putting down the numbers to hit the 9's. I'm not saying I could do it either, but maybe Ward (or someone else) could. :drive:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.