Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the next couple of months i will be posting upgrades to a stock SRT-10 with pictures. Anyone who has an upgrade idea will be taken into consideration. We have alot of plans for the truck right now but a little more wont hurt. Ill be posting pics of the newly installed Paxton Novi 2000 inercooled supercharger soon. This truck will be featured at this January's Chicago World of Wheels.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for the wait but we are installing a four point roll cage, we are also installing sparco race seats with 6 point harnesses for the driver and passenger. We are also designing bolt on headers for it. Not the long tube ones that you have to replace the entire exhaust system but ones that work with he original exhaust. We will have pictures as soon as possible.

· Registered
440 Posts
What are you doing with the stock seats?

First upgrades I would make are the brakes. Get some better calipers and lighter rotors all around. Possibly go to 13" rear rotors to clear 15" wheels for slicks.

As for the paxton are you going to use an intercooler? I know a place that makes a very nice intercooler for the dakotas and i'm sure they could get you pointed in the right direction for the viper motor.

hotchkis sway bars?

I would check the bump steer if you plan to auto-x or road race it. The dodge pickups are notorious for having a lot of bump steer. best solution to date is to lower the truck a couple inches and change the tie-rod ends to a spherical rod end with spacers so you can adjust the height of the rod end on the spindle.

Other than the little stuff like moving the battery and what not sounds like you should have a pretty trick truck.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true with long tube we would get more power but what we are trying to do is keep the stock exhaust. only Hennessey makes headers for this truck but only long tube that does not fit the stock exhaust. plus we want to also keep it street legal. as for the stock seats not for sure what we will do with them but will let u know if we get rid of them. also for the bump steer i will for sure check that out thanks for the info. and the charger we put on is an inercooled paxton novi 2000 the newest one and dude what a beauty

· Registered
21,933 Posts
acrdakota said:
What are you doing with the stock seats?

First upgrades I would make are the brakes. Get some better calipers and lighter rotors all around. Possibly go to 13" rear rotors to clear 15" wheels for slicks.

As for the paxton are you going to use an intercooler? I know a place that makes a very nice intercooler for the dakotas and i'm sure they could get you pointed in the right direction for the viper motor.

hotchkis sway bars?

I would check the bump steer if you plan to auto-x or road race it. The dodge pickups are notorious for having a lot of bump steer. best solution to date is to lower the truck a couple inches and change the tie-rod ends to a spherical rod end with spacers so you can adjust the height of the rod end on the spindle.

Other than the little stuff like moving the battery and what not sounds like you should have a pretty trick truck.
What kind of moron auto-x's a truck??? I know it handles well for a truck but that is just fucking stupid.

Put a hitch on it and tow.

· Focus!
4,913 Posts
Why keep the stock exhaust?! Open that bitch up; with the charger, long tubes, and a lot of room under the truck for exhaust options, the first thing I'd do is lose the stock stuff. Just MHO. Sounds like a nice project though - keep us updated!

· Registered
440 Posts
Yes please let me know if you decide to remove the stock seats. Do you have pics of the paxton setup? I'm assuming it's an air:water intercooler?

Hey assface, lots of people auto-x trucks. And there are more than a few out there that would really surprise ya.

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Yet another Dakota owner. What ever happened to MXBLUE23? His ****** ass ran off after just a few bashings.

Clint, I'm with you. Why keep the restrictive stock exhaust on there with the blower? Find another company to make long tubes if you don't want to deal with John, contact Dynatech.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[image]http://img27.exs.cx/img27/4852/DSC430.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img27.exs.cx/img27/4316/DSC00441.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img27.exs.cx/img27/6861/DSC00442.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img27.exs.cx/img27/5973/DSC00443.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.didraceengineering.com/gallery/headers/002.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.didraceengineering.com/gallery/headers/001.jpg[/image]

These are pictures from a couple weeks ago. The exhaust is going to be a dual 3" exhaust, full 304 stainless with dual Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40 series mufflers.

The headers are being designed to bolt up to a stock exhaust using the stock ball-type connecter while still keeping the primary pipes equal length. We had a slip-fit adapter custom made to bolt the headers to the ball-type connecter but it can be removed to run a full 3" exhaust. We're also using Burn's Stainless 5-1 true merge collectors and mandrel bends. :)

· Registered
214 Posts
You are mistaken, many make headers long and short for the ram. One guy in cal, makes long tube with 3'' mids, another in Ohio is also developing long tubes, DC also makes long tubes , gibson makes shorties, and corsa is also making shorties. No lowering kit is available other than blocking the rear.The only engine upgrades is normal v-10 performance parts. A few companies are making CAI's. With the shorties you are going to be about 10hp down from the long tubes. Most are going to 4.56 with 3'' system out the back with a Vec 2, gaining 40hp or more in some cases with headers. But the vc 2 gives about 60hp on bottom alone, but only about 5 on top.

· Registered
214 Posts
I checked but couldn't find anything with hotchkis, thay have it for the regualr ram but not the srt. the srt is allready lowered some from the factory and haven't found anything that will fit it yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.