Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seen alot of talk lately about these.

How exactly does it work and what does it control?

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Can it be adapted to any nitrous system?

John

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
J D
I think you might be talking or asking about the unit that V10 Mojo has and is using. I will be looking into the same if it does not screw with the aem. If they work together it might be the way to go. The one that I am checking into is the "Maximiser".
check out www.racetested.com
rohn

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rohn, those are what I am looking for and I never got a chance to speak with Rich much about his, but he seemed to like the way it allowed him to dial up or down the power. Looks like the Racetested one says it will work with any system and I am sure the NX will as well.

I am curious to know the pros and cons with each unit.

Also how they differ in function.

Thanx

·
Registered
106 Posts
John,
A progressive controller gives full controllability of your nitrous system. This way you can make changes per track, street use, etc. The old way to get more power without sacrificing traction was multi stage set-ups. Now you only need one pair of solenoids(depending on total power) to do the same thing electronically and with greater accuracy.

The main differences between our unit and the NX unit is that ours is all on-screen. NX needs a palm or computer. There should be no interferences with the AEM as the Maximiser is independent of the standard a/f management. You can still adjust injector duty cycle to fine tune where the nitrous system can't across the whole rpm band with an AEM, VEC etc.

Here are the features listed. Many more are being added shortly
http://www.racetested.com/product_info.php?products_id=3&osCsid=7533e768518f3b50f149495851db9aa9

Here's what the on-screen looks like.
http://www.racetested.com/gallery_m...975ca&osCsid=7533e768518f3b50f149495851db9aa9

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
john, i recommend talking to racetested; denny. im merely a customer. i dont know the pros and cons to system vs system. also, call joe donovan about it. he is also a dealer/installer for NX and NOS so he is has knowledge across the boards.

as for the AEM; so far i know of NO reason why they wont work well together and THAT is whats gonna put the power to the pavement for us

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
carrot, cmon bro, take a breath. you are a good guy, you got one helluva nitrous setup and you knowit. now, i can understand if those guys didnt present themselves well but this is about a product not smiles and how do you dos. FWIW i think your setup is tits and personally if i could do it on mine i would. im not asking you to start endorsing the racetested system, just to keep an open mind to what it can and what it cannot do vs other systems. hell, i was about to dump it until finally a good tuner got it figured out and then we got 220rwhp and over 500rwtq out of it at only FIFTY PERCENT capacity! now, i dont care who you are, thats some good results for "half power". anyway, i know this topic has been beat to death on the other thread and the last thing i want to do is start it up again.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Has anyone tried to use the palmone treo 600 with the NX maximizer? would like to know if it works. JDawg also check out WWW.fjoracing.com and you can get a lot of info about the NX system.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Keep in mind that either progressive is only as good as your tuner can make them work with your fuel management. A lot of a progressives features were designed as a lot of people have no aftermarket management, so you have some control of the a/f ratios, but a good fuel managment can take over and help fine tune.

Example:
The initial nitrous (only) delay so you can avoid leaning out to much initially until the fuel catches up. Instead Joe and I decided to turn this feature off and Joe fine tuned the a/f curve with the VEC and injector duty cycle.

Many other things can be fine tuned with the fuel management also. The progressive gives you the best control over power delivery. As Rich said, combine the two and you'll get all the power to the ground easily.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dawg,hows it going bud,nice job with everything.Maybe leave well enough alone!Impossible,lol
I've got a racetested system,I will gladly sell or piece out.The (progressive)Maximizer I'll sell REAL cheap.It's only got 3 miles on it.
Only reason I'm selling is cause Denny and I don't communicate well,not at all.Not a good combo for success.Although his mentor Trev(Wizard)has been very cool to me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The AEM unit has built in nitrous control, no point of using anything else to control it.

The way all nitrous controlers work is they pulse the solinoids to regulate the amount of nitrous coming in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
rwhp said:
The AEM unit has built in nitrous control, no point of using anything else to control it.

The way all nitrous controlers work is they pulse the solinoids to regulate the amount of nitrous coming in.

This is true to an extent. I know units like AEM don't have full nitrous control like a specifically built progressive controller, but more of stages and rpm activation points.

Make sure you look and undertsand the features of whatever unit is chosen and that it will do for you what you want it to.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
the AEM cannot do everything the maximizer can do. if you want full potential at highpower then the combo is the way to go, beleive me id love to cut it down to less hardware and cost, it aint gonna happen; do the maximizer with the AEM combo. im talking high power though, not little stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.