Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a check engine light yesterday, and now the VEC-1 isn't powering up at all.

The car won't idle and is running extremely rich.

When the light came on I noticed a bit of a spike on the temp guage but the fans eventually kicked in and brought the temp back down.

We're thinking O2 sensor or possibly a coolant sensor went bad. One of the O2 sensor harnesses looks melted near the headers, but we won't know for sure until we get it on the lift.

We tried hooking it up to the scanner and the system won't let us in.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a hold of Sean Roe to get the wiring schematics for the VEC-1 (it was already on the car and I can't find the instruction sheet), but I'm not getting any answer. I'll be gone for most of the day now, so I don't know if I'll be able to contact him.

If anyone has a copy can you please fax it to me at 905-871-0949. We're going to get the car into the shop tomorrow morning, and my mechanic wants to have the schematics.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Clint. I got through to Roe about 2 hours ago and they faxed them to me.

Hopefully the beast is repaired by tonight. The weather is looking good for the next few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.